Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17910] Fostervold - name of Bede Hus - where buried

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

I have pictures both old and new of the Bedu Hus where alot of the Fostervolds are buried. It is located close to the Fostervold farm, from what I understand. Does it have a name? I could scan the picture and send if anyone needs to see which one I'm referring to.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Hello, Nancy! I have passed by this cemetry a lot of times, but in fact I never discovered it. However, by your explanation I found it on the map, and I have found one single reference to it. Have a look at this link: Lenke and scroll down to 17 and 18. This web page is a list of all properties sold out from Heggem farm (one of Fostervollen's neigbour farms) and shows the names of the properties and the names of the holders as this was in 1950.As you see, the cemetry was called 'Osmarkens gravsted', at least this was the official name of this little piece of land. It seems reasonable because 'gravsted' means cemetry and 'Osmarken' is the name of this area. The owner of the cemetry is said to be 'Osmarkens gravstedsforening' which simple means Osmarken's cemetry society or something like that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Knut, You have been of great help to me!! I looked at the link and now things make sense. I have a picture postcard sent by Oline F. to Ole F. and she wrote - 'Fostervold as seen from Arnlia. Chapel in front. A glimpse of the summer dairy across the lake. The picture is taken by John Heggem, the son of Ole.' I enlarged the picture and sure enough it's the Bede Hus. Question? what is Arnlia? Thanks again, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

I think perhaps I shall guide you into the best online map for this area. The link you start with, is this one: http://ngis2.statkart.no/ng2/ng2.html Then follow this procedure:1. Click 'Stedsnavn'.2. Then write 'Fostervollen' in the 'Søk etter stedsnavn' box. You have to use a capital F followed by small letters. Then click on the 'Søk' button.3. Then you will have two hits in the right hitlist. A single click on either of them, will give you a map of the area round 'Fostervollen'. Click on 'Vis større kart' in the top frame border to have a larger map.4. Now use your mouse cursor to make a square around 'Asplia' in your upper left corner. Just be sure you catch the whole yellow field around this farm, but not too much else. If you want, you may go on zooming in as much as you want, and go back using the little 'left arrow buton' beyond the Norway map to the right.Now you see the area you are interested in with the 'Bedehus', the 'Gravstad' (cemetry) and 'Arnlia'. The latter is a small farm, the property orginally sold out from Heggem. You will find it in the matrikkel site (see the link in my former message) as 'Lien'.In my first message I perhaps forgot to tell you the name of the bedehus. In the matrikkel list it is called 'Osmarkens bedehustomt'. This is the name of the property. I guess the name of the bedehus is straight forward: 'Osmarken bedehus'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Knut, Thanks!! I found everything on the map,this is great!! I have been trying to figure out what Arnlia is for over a year. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.