Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17916] Noreimsund - where is this?

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

I have an old photo of a homesite in Norway, taken by Joh.v.d. Fehr. (photographer) - Noreimsund. Does anyone know where that is located? I have relatives who came from Selbu, Romsdal, Sveio, Haugesund, Eiker, Buskerud and Telemark. I have no idea which families homesite this may have belonged to, I think Fostervold in Romsdal, but maybe not.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Eide

Norheimsund is the administrative center of Kvam municipality in Hordaland. More exactly located in Hardanger.Sveio is the nearest place of those you mention.Geir

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks to Geir and Barbara for the information on the photo. Hopefully I can get the name of family whose place it is. Haven't really started working on my mother's side of the family to much yet. It's Emberland and Rod(Carlson) they are from Sveio and Haugesund areas. Most settled in Kandiyohi county in Minnesota.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

With the help of Helga Kallevik, who is related on my mother's side, she found that the photo is of the Framnes school. She sent me a link of Framnes (Norheimsund) and sure enough the pictures are of the same place. Another piece of my puzzle solved!!! Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.