Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17964] Lydköping Gamla Rådhuset?

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

My sister in law has a carving of a building that has the title carved into it. It was her grandma's and she came from (Nyvoll/Nyvold)Batnfjorden area of Norway. What would it translate to? Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif Biberg Kristensen

Lidköping is a Swedish town located in Skaraborgs Län, on the shore of the lake Vänern. 'Gamla Rådhuset' is also Swedish for 'The old City Hall' as Geir Eide mentions.Does the building look like this? Lenkeregards, Leif.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Geir and Leif, That picture sure looks like what she described to me over the phone. So, was and is this building actually used as the city hall in the town of Lidkoping, Sweden and not Norway? About when was it built? (By the way, my dad's name was also Leif! My middle name is Lei after him, he named me.) Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've been thinking a bit. My sister in law thought it was a carving of her grandma's church, but she didn't think it look much like a church. Would a Listhaug girl and a Nyvoll boy from Norway ever have been married in a city hall in Sweden? And that's why she thought her grandma said it was a church (meaning that's where she was married)? Could you even do that back in the late 1800's? Wouldn't they have to be married in Norway?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Leif B. Kristensen

Nancy, I really don't think that a Norwegian couple would get married in a Swedish city hall, even if Norway and Sweden were united at the time. There may may have been some creative recollection at work here, or just some plain old misunderstandings. Maybe your sister in law has some Swedish ancestors as well?regards, Leif.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Her father's side are Solbergs from Sweden but the Nyvolls are from Norway. This was in the Nyvoll home when they died. So she and I will have to assume it must have been a gift to the daughter in laws family. ??? Guess will never really know.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Leif, The links you sent with the picture of the building were the right place. I printed out the pictures and gave them to my sister in law, it's exactly the right building. Thanks again, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.