Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#17975] Family of Christen Sjursen and Maria Margarethe Oldsdattar

Gjest Gordon Shurson
 Del

Gjest Gordon Shurson

My grandfather, Herman Martin Sjursen b. 1863, was one of five children of Christen Sjursen and Maria Margarethe Oldsdattar who lived in Bergen. Herman emigrated to Willmar, Minnesota in 1882, married Martha Breimen in 1884 and they had nine children before moving to Canada in 1905. My father, Fred Shurson, their last child, was born in 1906.Herman had an older sister Sine Olufine b. 1861 who married Emanuell August Nilssen in 1884. The 1900 Norwegian census for Bergen shows the family name changed to Nielson and the couple had six children at that time: Emma Sivarde b. 1884; Ragna Marie b. 1886; Sigvald Emanuel b. 1889; Harald Monrad b. 1891; Olga Augusta b. 1896; Svanhild b. 1899.Herman had also had two younger brothers, Kristofer Marius b. 1866 and Lorentz August b. 1870 and a younger sister Lovise Johndine b. 1873.Lorentz married Larsine Severine Berntsen in 1892. The 1900 census for Bergen shows that the couple had five children at that time: Johannes b. 1890; Borghild b. 1892; Nilla b. 1892; Berta b. 1895; Agnes b. 1897.Kristofer emigrated to Minnesota in 1888 and I believe he lived in that state until he died but I do not know for sure. Lovise worked as a photgraphic assistant and was shown as living in Oslo in the 1900 census. I don't believe that Lovise ever married.I am looking for information on Sine's and Lorentz's children - i.e. whether they married, date of death, etc. I am also looking for information on Lovise.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

Just adding some of the links:Herman FT 1865: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f61301&variabel=0&postnr=28565&fulle=true&spraak=e>LenkeSine FT 1900: LenkeLorents FT 1900 (only two children alive?): LenkeLouise FT 1900: LenkeSigny 1894: LenkeYou might search this file for death dates. Here is (1 out of 2) Borghild as example?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Shurson

Tor Andersen,Thank you for the series of links. I had looked at several of the links previously but I had missed Borghild's death in the record of deaths at Bergen. I know this is Lorentz's daughter as I have a letter from Kristofer to Herman written in 1934 where Kristofer refers to Lorentz's daughter having died in her early 20s. Borghild was born in 1892 so would have been 23 or 24 at the time of her death. I had also missed the child Signy who died at the age of 10 months.I also found a record for Johannes Kristoffer Sjursen who may be Lorentz's son Johannes born in 1890. The first name is the same and the second name is that of Lorentz's brother.Thanks again for your assistance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.