Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18005] Anna Arnesdatter Bøe and Jacob Jensen Wiig from Stryn

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am looking for ancestors to my 4th g-grandmother - Anna Arnesdatter Bøe. She was b. abt 1744 at Bø indre in Stryn. She married Jacob Jensen Wiig in 1766 and died in 1836 at Bø indre. I found three Arnes at Bøe, two named Arne Jacobsen and one Arne Arnesen.I also need information about my 4th g-grandfather - Jacob Jensen Wiig. He was b. abt 1741 at Vik (Wiig) in Stryn and died in 1812 at Bø indre. I believe his father may have been Jens Jensen (b. abt 1696, d. 1763 at Wiig).Any information will be greatly appreciated...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Tor, for responding. Yes, I do have this farm printed out already.I was hoping that someone with a bygdebok for Stryn might be able to tell me more about these two people. I may have gotten some clues about Anna's parents from another post, but so far nothing about Jacob Jensen Wiig.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This wasn't easy, but Jacob seems to be born at the farm Vik (Wiig) in Stryn, son of Jens Jonsen Fløtre and Johanne Arnedtr. Bø. Jens seems to be dead about 1690, when Johanne is married again to Sylvester (Sylfest) Larsson Tonning. In 1701 Johanne is a widow, and her son Jahcob is 12 years old. Johanne married once again to a Didrik Olson Grøthaug from Hornindal. Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi TorI appreciate your reply, but the dates are a little off. 'My' Jacob Jensen Wiig died 1812 at age 60 (b. abt 1741). So, he could not be the son of Jens Jonsen Fløtre. But perhaps he is descendant from him.I found a person at Vik in Stryn -- Jens Jensen, who died 67 years old in 1763. I thought he was a good possibility to be Jacob's father. There is a probate record for him. I will post on the Archive Forum to see if he is a match.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

I can't tell you exactly how, but I know that Mr.Aaland has mixed up the Arne's at two different parts of Bøe, so do not trust the Bygdebok. I discovered that while studying my husband's ancestors, but I wasn't able to figure it out.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Patti,I was so happy to find this Jacob, whom I have been looking for myself, so I overlooked the fact that there is at least one generation between him and the one you are looking for.Jens Jensen who died 1763, was married twice: His first wife was Marte Mattisdtr. Årholen, and 2nd): Anne Knutsdtr who died 33 years old 1756. Jens had a brother, Jon Jenson who was farming Skåden #2.Jens may well be the father of 'your' Jacob, but it was his brothers' son Henrik Jonsen Skåden who got the Vik farm after him. I hope the probate record solves this problem.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Again, thank you Tor -- I will wait for a reply on that probate record and hope it will solve this mystery. Otherwise, I wonder if Jacob Jensen Wiig was the son of Jens Sylfæstersen Wiig.Helsing, Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.