Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18035] Olga Skærvik, wife of Peder Fostervold (Romsdal)

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

Hi again, Can anyone help me find Olga Skærvik (born July 10,1886 and died January 1956. I can't seem to find her in the census records in Norway. From her son I have it that her full name was - Olga Augusta Gersbardine Skjærvik Olsen, born in Fosnes, Norway and died in Osmarka, Norway. I haven't found a record of her coming to America yet. Peder Fostervold came to America in 1911 and they were married in 1914(from his obituary, haven't found that record yet either). She went back to Norway in 1937 with some of the younger children and died there. So, I'm looking for her parents names, when she emigrated and maybe even a death date (I only have month and year) Thank you, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I just spoke with Peder and Olga's son, Rolf (82 years old). He doesn't remember well, but he seemed to think that Olga's parents died when she was young, so somewhat of an orphan. They do have a daughter who still lives in Norway somewhere, Tordis married to Oluv Sunnarvik (78 years old) and there are children of Astrid (died) and Aksel Birkeland that should be living over there. I have it that their first names are Alida, Bjarte, Ruth, Odd and Per. I would think their last name is Birkeland. Maybe someone knows of them. They may have some information on their grandparents. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!Mybe you can try this link to look for the people living in Norway today. If they have a telephone you will find them there, I think.Helga K.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!Can this be Olga in the emigrant protocoll. http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exeDigitalarkivet: Emigrantar over Bergen frå Trøndelag. [39140/34] Rettar til dataene: Digitalarkivet Post 1 av 1 utvalde i databasen År Nr Dato Førenamn:Olga Etternamn:Olsen Skjærvik Alder:27 Fødselsår:1886 Fødestad:Fosnæs Heimstad:Drammen Sivilstand:ug Yrke:Lærerinde f:Namdalen Dato:30/8 1913 Amk. Chicago Ill. a (bedre fortj.) Reiser til bekjendteHelga K.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

I am sorry the link did not work and it get a little mixed up here. But I found a person named Olga Olsen Skjærvik age 27, born 1886.She was born Fosnæs,Namdalen, but lived in drammen ( near Oslo). She was a teacher and unmarriued. She was travelling to Chicago Ill. to somebody she knews. She left Norway 30/8 1913HelgaI will try the ling again:http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found it! I thought she would have been in Romsdal. This will give me a start in the census. Thanks!!! Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello again!The only Olga Olsdatter I find at Fosnes about the same age as yours is this one (hope the Link works now): LenkeShe was born in 1888 (two years later than yours Olga). Can anybody tell if the 'Plads Leithe' was near to Skjærvik?Helga K.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.