Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18134] Ane Kirstine Larsdatter Halseie, Eiker, Buskerud

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

I'm looking for infomation on this family while in Norway. Ane Kirstine the twin was my grgrgr grandmother. I found when her and Mads came to America. Her twin Ole also came, not sure when for sure. What farm was she and her siblings from and her parents before her?? I'm assuming she was born somewhere around Eiker, not sure. Can someone help me figure this all out? Maybe someone has a book with all this info. I wonder if her other two siblings came to America and if she had others. When and where were the parents born and when did they die?Parents: Lars Andersen born abt. 1830 married December 27, 1831 at the Haug Church, Eiker to - Elen Katrine Olsdatter Halseie abt. 1809their children:Maren Petrea, born March 15, 1834Twins- Ane Kirstine Larsdatter Halseie, born January 9, 1836, married May 22, 1857 in Eiker, Buskerud to Mads Olson, she died January 30, 1904 Grove City, Minnesota (we have her as Anna Kristine in America)Ole Larson, born January 9, 1836, married to Sarah HalvorsonErik, born February 18, 1837Ane Malene, born February 28, 1842

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nancy - We are related !Elen Katrine Olsdatter born Jan. 22nd 1804 is a daugter of my grgrgr grandparents Ole Olsen and Petronelle Michelsdatter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jon, This is very exciting !! I'll print this all out and sit down and read when you sent, will get back to you. Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jon, Here's is my email - thalvor@charter.net Email me off list, I have some things I would like to forward on to you to have a look at. Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Widower Lars Andersen Halseie is said to be 31 years old when he marries maiden Elen Catrine Olsdatter Halseie 28 years old on Dec. 27th 1831 in Haug Church Eiker.They bring the following children to baptisms in Eiker: (all according to the Eiker Church records.)1.Anne Mallene Larsdatter - Birth: 9 Oct 1832 at Hals - Christening: 11 Nov 1832 in Haug Church. Witnesses: Berte Maria Andersdatter Vestfossen, Anne Maria Andersdatter, Nils Andersen Hals , Anders Olsen Berg, Nils Olsen.2.Maren Petrea Larsdatter - Birth: 15 Mar 1834 at Halseie - Christening: 27 Apr 1834 in Haug Church Eiker. Witnesses: Elen Kirstine Christensdatter Halseie, Malene Borgersdatter, Ole Olsen, Christoffer Olsen, Nils Olsen Halseie.3.Ole Larsen - Twinbirth: 9 Jan 1836 at Halseie - Christening: 28 Feb 1836 at Haug Church, Eiker. Witnesses: Siri Amundsdatter Hals, Sara Thomesdatter, Nils Amundsen Hals, Lars and Ole Paulsen Bergseie. Ole later went to America. Married Sarah Halvorson.4.Anne Kistine Larsdatter - Twinbirth: Halseie 09 Jan 1836 - Christening: 28 Feb 1836 at Haug Church, Eiker. Witnesses: Ronnoug Bergseie, Dorthe M. Henriksdatter Prestegardseie, Christopher Olsen, Nils and Anders Olsen Bergesie. Anne Kirstine married May 22, 1857 in Eiker, Buskerud to Mads Olson, she died January 30, 1904 Grove City, Minnesota –In the 1865 census she is here with her husband (railwayworker) and several children. Her unmarried brother Erik is also with them.: [url="http://draug.rhd.isv.uit.no/ftsoek/ftsoek.asp?kommando=bosted&ftaar=1865&spraak=norsk&kommnr=0624&kretsnr=0007&bostnr=0043&leilnr=000>Lenke5.Erik Larsen - Birth: 18 Feb 1839 at Halseie - Christening: 7 Apr 1839 at Haug Church, Eiker- Witnesses: Berthe M. Andersdatter Hals, Marthe M. Olsdatter, Nils Andersen, Nils Olsen Hals, Christen Olsen Vestfossen. Erik is an unmarried railroadworker living with his sister Anne Kirstine in 1865 – He is not to be found in Eiker in the census 1875.6.Anne Malene Larsdatter - Birth: 28 Feb 1842 at Halseie - Christening: 24 Feb (Not March) 1842 in Haug Church, Eiker. Witnesses: Ronnoug M. Larsdatter Bergseie, Marthe Andersdatter Bergseie, Nils Olsen, Erik Hansen and Christian Pedersen Halseie.7.Nicoline Larsdatter - born May 24th 1846 at Halseie - Christening: 28 JUN 1846 in Haug Chursc Eiker – Father is in the priests book said to be Lars Amundsen Halseie and wife Elen Kirstine Olsdatter – but in the priest´s assistants´ copy book – the parents are said to be Lars Andersen and wife Elen Katrine Olsdatter Halseie. I am 100 % sure that she also belong to the siblings. Witnesses: Ingeborg Andersdatter Vestfossen, Mari Andersdatter, Jens Elster, Amund og Anders Andersen Hals. - perhaps she is this unmarried servantgirl in Drammen 1865 -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jon, Is all of the information above from the Haug Kirke or is there an Eiker Church also? The link to Øvre Eiker - Skiolden is my Mads and Anna!!! Thank you, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jon, is there anything written in the Church book for when Mads and Anna Olson left Norway and the church to go to America in 1866? Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nancy ! There were two churches in Eiker at the time. Fiskum church in Fiskum parish and Haug church in Haug parish. Later there were also Bakke church and a Bakke parish and Nedre Eiker Church and a Nedre Eiker Parish. All parishes at this time is found in one common set of church records, named Eiker. Later there were separate church records for the different parishes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As we know, Lars Andersen was a 31 year old widower when he married Elen Cathrine Olsdatter on Dec. 27th 1831. Lars got 1st time married to Malene Nilsdatter in Haug Church Eiker on May 7th 1825. In the church records He is then called bachelor Lars Andersen Kolbergeie. 24 years old, married to maiden Malene Nilsdatter Vestfossen 25 years old. Witnesses: Hans Einarsen Skarra , Erik Nilsen Eeg. (This corresponds well with the fact that he names his oldest daughter of his 2nd marriage Malene).Lars´s first wife Malene Nilsdatter Halseie dies May 23rd 1831 at the age of 33. She is buried from Haug Church May 29th 1831. Here are his children from his 1st marriage: 1. Anders Larsen born in Vestfossen, Eiker March 23rd 1826 – baptised April 16th 1826 in Haug Church. (parents are Lars Andersen and wife Malene Nilsdatter). Witnesses: Johanne Nilsdatter Hougsund, Berthe Andersdatter Skjelbredeie, Haagen (Haagensen ?), Ole Børgesen, Nils Christensen, All in Vestfossen.2. Gunhild Maria Larsdatter born at Halseie, Eiker Nov. 7th 1828 – baptised Dec 7th 1828 in Haug church, Eiker. (parents are Lars Andersen and wife Malene Nilsdatter Halseie). Witnesses: Siri Amundsdatter Hals, Berthe M. Andersdatter Skjelbredeie, Anders Andersen Skarra, Johan Jaesen Kolbergeie, Ole Olsen Halseie.Probate at Store Hals , cotters place no. 6 Pauleplassen February 1st 1832:Cotter´s wife Malene Nilsdatter is deadWiddower: Lars AndersenLeaves behind two children:Anders Larsen 5 yrsGunild Maria Larsdatter 3 yrs-----------------------------This indicates that Lars Andersen is from Kolbergeie at Eiker. And I do find an interesting probate at the cotter´s place Kolbergseter in Eiker dated Dec. 20th 1834:Anders Amundsen is dead, leaving behind widow Anne Hansdatter.Anders Amundsen was 1st time married to deceased Anne Larsdatter - daughter from this marriage is Berthe Marie Andersdatter now married to Nils Olsen Vestfossen.Child with Anne Hansdatter, the widow: Lars Andersen - full age (meaning more than 25 yrs)You do find Anders Amundsen and his wife (and the litte one ear old Lars Andersen) here in the 1801 census: LenkeTo prove this right we also have another probate:Probate at Faasen, Eiker Oct. 27th 1840Unmarried Marthe Larsdatter is dead: The following legal heirs were present:Anders Larsen RøraasLars Larsen SvartskurnBaar Larsen SvartskurnTron Larsen SkarraeiePeder Larsen SkarraeieLars Andersen HalseieOle Jacobsen KolbergeieHans Enersen HegstadGjertrud Larsdatter Kolbergeie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As we know Lars Andersen Halseie and Elen Catrine Olsdatter had the following 7 children1.Anne Mallene Larsdatter - 9 Oct 1832 (obviously dead as a child)2.Maren Petrea Larsdatter - 15 Mar 18343.Ole Larsen (twin): 9 Jan 1836 - went to America (this according to Nancy Halvorson). Married Sarah Halvorson.4.Anne Kistine Larsdatter (twin) 9 Jan 1836 – Married in Norway to Mads Olson, went to America.5.Erik Larsen - 18 Feb 18396.Anne Malene Larsdatter -28 Feb 18427.Nicoline Larsdatter - born May 24th 1846And look here:From the Eiker Church records: (From the lists of those leaving the parish 1866. No dates, but the numbers are low, so it must be early in 1866.)# 6 The married couple Mads Olsen Bergseie 34 yrs and wife Ane Kirstine Larsdatter 30 yrs. And the children: 1) Laurits b. 20.oct. 1857 - 2).Johan b. 20 March 1859 – 3) Caroline b. 20 Oct 1860 – 4) Oluf b. 4 Nov 1862 – 5) Gina b. 4 July 1865 - Destination: “Amerika”# 7 Unmarried girl Maren Petrea Larsdatter Halseie. 36. yrs. - Destination: “Amerika”# 8 Unmarried man Erik Larsen Halseie b. 18. Feb 1839 – Destination: “Amerika”#9 Unmarried girl Nicoline Larsdatter 20 yrs - Destination: “Amerika”# 10 Unmarried girl Ane Malene Larsdatter 24 yrs - Destination: “Amerika”So, now we know for sure that at all 6 of Lars Andersen and Elen Cathrine´s children went to the U.S. – Do you know when Ole left Norway ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jon, I didn't realize so many others came over also, I will call an aunt to see if she knows anything about this. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jon, Talked to my aunt, she didn't know about this either. Did they by any chance come the same time or shortly after Mads and Anna in 1866? According to the info I sent you off list about Ole Larson he came to America in 1855, went to Illinois, then on to Minnesota in 1855. I'm sure Mads and Anna went to Minnesota to meet her brother. They lived in the same township/county.In those church records are there any babies born to Mads and Anna that are listed as having died? There is a possibility there were some. I have it written that she may have had up to 6 children that died as babies, one or two of them sets of twins.Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It is all reason to believe that they all travelled together - as I said they were listed together in the church records. No more baptsims are listed for children of Anna and Mads. But there are some chances that they had children who died before baptism.Anna And Mads were married in May 1857.Had Lauritz in October 185717 months laterJohan in March 185919 months later (tecnically speaking, room for one baby here)Caroline in October 186025 months later (room for one baby here)Oluf in November 186231 months later (room for one bany here)Gina in June 1865Emigration early in 1866

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

A god friend of mine found a mistake in my entry # 3 (Thanks a lot Thor Kenneth) - Ole Olsen had a an illegitimate son i september 1800 with a woman called Kirsti Povelsdatter. I did a mistake and said that she was the widow at Sparen. Here: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f10624&variabel=0&postnr=41&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeThis is wrong !!!The right Kirsti Povelsdatter (and the mother of the child) is here in 1801.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jon, So, they don't record any babies that died shortly after birth? I thought maybe they kept some sort of record of that. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.