Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18135] Mads Olson Bergseie, Eiker, Buskerud, help finding father

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

I also need help with Mads Olson Bergseie, illegitimate child, born December 24, 1830 in Eiker, Norway, he died March 25, 1913, Grove City, Minnesota. This birthdate may not be 100% correct, but this is what our family has for him. I did find on LDS site a date of December 23, 1831 to the same named parents.His mother was Catharina Gulbrandsdatter Olson, born May 18, 1813, from Kasa Nordre, Granharrad, Telemark, she died February 7, 1896 in Litchfield, Minnesota. (Katrine Jackson/Jakobsen)Father was Ole Madsen (I'm assuming he was from the Eiker area)all I have for him is the first name.Is there any way of finding out more about Mads. Does anyone have access to the church records? Possibly the Haug Parish or Flesberg Parish/Catharine was eventually married to Iver Jakobsen of Bergseie, born July 10, 1812 Eiker, died June 3, 1894, Litchfield, MinnesotaCatharine and Iver had a child together, Gilbert born, November 29, 1838 (I think)Hopefully someone will be able to help on this one. Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

At wwww.familysearch.org (FamilySearch Vital Records Index - Which often is reliable) I do find Mads Olsen born 23 Dec 1831, and Chiristened 21 Jan 1832 at Kongsberg (a neigbouring parish to Eiker) The father was Ole Madsen and the Mother, Kathrine Gulbrandsdatter. I do not have the Kongsberg church records here, so I do not know if the parents of the child were married.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sigurd Vinger

The mother and stepfather of Mads Olson lived in Flesberg (Svene parish) for a while, his father Ola Madsson also lived here, and so did several of his ancestors. If I could have your e-mail address, I will send you some information from “Flesbergboka” (in Norwegian, partly not yet published).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

My emaill is -thalvor@charter.netAny information you have would be great!! To finalally know about them in Norway! Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sigurd Vinger

Av hensyn til andre brukere av forumet: Mads Olsons far var Ola Madsson Søre Vallers, som vil bli omtalt i bd 7 av Flesbergboka (kommer ikke i salg før utpå nyåret). Familien nevnes også i bd 6 s. 322-323.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sigurd, Thank you for all the information you sent directly to me. I have already found it most helpful!! Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.