Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18178] Jacob Olsen from Andebu b. ca 1780

Gjest Jeff Erickson
 Del

Gjest Jeff Erickson

From [16245] Jacob Olsen from Andebu, d. 1874, 92 years old, m. Nette Andersd, b. 1794, Lenke I have checked the wedding in Sandar, and 31.aug. 1821, is correct, And she was christened in Tjølling, 20 july 1794. I am now looking for details of Jacob Olsen (from Andebu) Who were his parents and their parents. Where in Andebu was he from?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

Their eldest daughter was:CHRISTINE MARIA Christening: 08 JUN 1823 Tjølling, Vestfold,The mother of Nette was Marte Maria. I would then look for a Christine as the mother of Jacob.LDS IGI shows this candidate:JACOB OLSEN Christening: 06 JUN 1790 Andebu, Vestfold, Father: OLE LIVEROD Mother: CHRISTINE Batch No.: C423511, 1623 - 1802OLE JUSTSEN Spouse: CHRISTINE ELLEFSDR Marriage: 14 JUL 1784 Andebu, Vestfold, Batch No.: M423511, 1623 - 1802ELLEF OLSEN, Christening: 25 MAY 1788 Andebu, Vestfold, JACOB OLSEN, Christening: 06 JUN 1790 Andebu, Vestfold, JUST OLSEN, Christening: 08 MAR 1793 Andebu, Vestfold,They are not in the 1801 census Liverød farm: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f10719&variabel=0&postnr=1530&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeJakob (10) is on his own as a servant on Lystrød, the neighbouring farm:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

LDS IGI, Batch No.: C423511, 1623 - 1802JACOB OLSEN Christening: 06 OCT 1782 Andebu, Vestfold, Norway Father: OLE W. HOVAN Mother: ANNEHovan is probably Hauan in 1801 census, and Haugan in 1865 census. - two farms, Eastern and Western Hauan.I found no more trace of Ole there, or a patronym starting with w or v.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Sigbjørn Larsen

Hello. I am following link 5 'JACOB OLSEN Christening: 06 OCT 1782 Andebu, Vestfold, Norway Father: OLE W. HOVAN Mother: ANNE'. In Bygdebok Andebu page 409. Vestre Haugan -proberly was on the farm from apporx. 1780 to 1790 - Ole Jakobsen married to Anne Torgersdatter from Torrestad, Sandar. The children born on Haugan was. Jakob b. 1782, Marte b. 1784, Torger b. 1788. No more info at Vestre Haugan. Page 250 Askjem have more info. Census 1801 Lenke At Aschim farm Andebu.In L. Berg Sandeherred page 203 At Nedre Torrestad, Sandeherred I find Torger Olsen farmer 1754-76. He came from Øvre Torrestad. Died 1776, 64 years old. Married to Marte Kristensdatter Løkje. She was alive in 1776. Children: 1.Ola, Lived proberly outside Sandeherred, 2.Kristen died young, 3.Anne, Married to Ola Jakobssøn, 4.Line Married to Søren Hanssøn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

It is the same person. Jacob is not at home by his parents on Aschim in 1801. He has left home and is a servant on Biurød farm. It is a neighbouring farm (click førre/previous)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you all Why are my relatives so confusing Jacob Olsen was 30 in 1821 - b.1791 (marriage) He was 74 in the 1865 census - b1791 He was 92 when he died in 1874 - b1782 Tjolling bygdebok. The bygdebok seems to be wrong.I think we have been looking at the wrong one. I now need a Jacob b ca1791 in Andebu and at Råstad in Sandeherrad in 1821, Does the Sandeherrad bygdebok show his origins? Maybe Harald (2) was right. I have also been given the name of Ole Braavald/Bravaald as his possible father

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Einar F. Løsnes

In the parish of Tjolling, church record of 1823,is Christine Marie Jakobsdatter born 27.05.1823 and Christened the 08.06.1823. Her parents is Jacob Olsen and wife Nette Andersdatter. In the comment column is it noted July 1824. She is probaly christened in the church at this time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Jeff!I can not find Nette’s birth in Tjolling, church record, 1794, but it’s stated of the clergyman in Tjølling, 1800-1832, Niels Seiersløv Stephansen. He made a transcript of all church records 1700-1800 in he’s living book and I have find Nette’s birth (christening) there. Some year in the church records have to be destroyed.Jakob Olsen d. 05.09 and bury 12.09 – 1874, 92 year.The widow Nette d. 17.11, and bury 22.11 – 1883. She is listet born 1791. So it’s many incorrectness for your Nette.In census for 1865 is both, 74 years old ?Med hilsen Kjell

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Hi Kjell. Nette might not have been born in Tjolling. Her father was from Hoff. I know her mother so i can trace backwards from there. Jacob Olsen is proving elusive. Is Råstad the clue for Jacob?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Jeff!The Digital Archives in Norway is a good place to trace relatives, but respecting Jakob Olsen it is necessary to read the church register for Andebu ca. 1788-89-90-91.The writer of the old Tjølling Bygdebok was born in Andebu and I feel pretty sure he was aware Jakobs birth and belonging to Andebu. So I thinks we can use Jakobs 92 years age as starting point.We can not use Sandeherred Bygdebok, because servants is not to be in mention there. Jakob and Nette have to be workers or servants around on farms in the district. So Råstad have not any meaning in relationship.Another thing is, child from 10 years age was in work, sometimes earlier as shepherd. Jakob Olsen have to be a active man, he purchased Eftang- Rønningen (Rydningen) br.nr. 5, on auction sale, 1825, after Nettes brother Oles’s death, in 1824. He was user and owner 1825-1871.I am pretty sure about Nette’s relationship, it’s enough and good documentation. In Tjølling Bygdebok. Med hilsen Kjell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

I may not have much new to add here, but this debate interest me. It seems to me that Nette Andersdatter is an illegitime child, i.e. her parents, Anders Simonsen, Hof, and Marte Andersdatter from Eftang, Tjølling, were not married. (The churchbook for Tjølling probably will probably verify this?). And in the 1801 census Nette is listed as being in her fifth year, i.e. born about 1796-97. According to the bygdebook Marte never married.Concerning who was Nette's husband, Jacob Olsen from Andebu, it seems to me that the servant Jacob Olsen, age 10, on Lystrød farm in Kodal, Andebu, in the 1801 census, is the most promising candidate.Age given in connection with a person's burial is often incorrect, as we all may have experienced. Quite often people are made older than they really were. But errors in age is also often the case in the 1801 census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

From Tjølling church register, listed over illegitimate children, page 411, MINI – 4 – 1779-1817, microfilm 6/7.Here is Nette’s christening in Tjølling, 20.07 – 1794. Marthe Maria’s illegitimate child.Sponsored by: Mari Truegelsd. Eftang, Anne Maria Christensd. Eftang, Torger Nilsen Eftang, Jakob Larsen Eftang, and Svennor Hansen Eftang.The child’s father is (Geworben soldat) soldier. Anders Simonsen from Hof parish

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you again Kjell. I found an Anders Simonsen in the 1801 census at Hof. If this likely to be the same person?Best Wishes, Jeff Erickson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

I have found two more possible Jakob Olsens from the Andebu Christenings film [5]One 12 jun 1791 father Ole Bravavald mother BertheThe other 6 jun 1790 father Ole Liverod mother ChristineDoes this shed any more light on my Jakob? Does the bygebok show them later in lifeWhat is Geworben [19]

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Gevorben is a German word for vervet on Norwegian. (Leiesoldat) mercenary (soldier) under contractual relation - (of agreement) - hired engaged – etc.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.