Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18317] Martin Halvorson Tosta & twin Marie, Hetlands parish, Stavanger

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

Hello, I'm now looking for my husband's family. Martin (or Morton)and Marie were born July 31, 1840 on a farm in Stavanger in an area called Hetlands Parish. Aparently it is now a residential area located on a rocky cliff overlooking Stavanger harbor. I believe there were 6 other brothers and sisters. Martin came to America in 1859.Martin's fathers name was Halvor Sonderson, he was a farmer at Dusavik. I also have information that their was a cousin Petra Jaabaek of Mandel, Norway and Tarald Olson from Bo, born 1618, died 1664. This is all I have to go on.Does anyone have a farm book with this family? I would appreciate to have any information possible. The family is extremely small over here in the US, they don't seem to know much of anything about the ancestors in Norway.Thanks, Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

Hello Nancy.I believe this could be the parents of Martin and Marie.If this is correct , it might be Marie you find married to Einer Iversen. LenkeRegards Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

At the FamilySearch IGI i found theese children christened in Domkirken, Stavanger. Johan 24.03.1833, Kirstine 13.03.1831, Søren 11.10.1835, Martin and Marie 06.09.1840 and Severine 25.06.1843.A member of the LDS Church has submitted some information to the FamilySearch IGI.Halvor Sondresen chr. 09.01.1803 at Nestegaard in Tinn,Telemark with parents Sondre Knutsen and Mari Pedersdatter.If this is correct , it must be a brother of him I found in the 1801 census(perhaps he died young and the next son was renamed after him).Sondre and Elen married in Rogaland 12.10.1830.Elen was born about 1809 at Tasta, and Sondre died 03.06.1883. I can not garantee this information to be correct, perhaps someone can confirm this from the original churchbooks for you. Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

And here we have Marie in the 1900 Census.She is now a widow , living together withe her daughters Karoline and Elen Maria , who is married to Abel Torgersen.They have three children at home. Lenke I can`t find Elen Jonsdatter , Marias mother.She probably died before 1900. Rune Thorstensen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rune, Thanks!! You found more than I did! I only found the first link. I didn't realize they had moved. I see there was a sargent, which would make sense. My husband inherited a meerschaum pipe that was one of the grandfather's from Norway. The silver on it is from his uniforms silver pantaloon buttons melted down. At least that's the story we have.I will look at the LDS site again, for some reason when I looked there before, I couldn't find anything. Hopefully I will be able to find out more on the family.Thanks again, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.