Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18325] Research help for Tinds & Rolloug parishes

Gjest Laurie Arnold
 Del

Gjest Laurie Arnold

I am trying to find out more information on Halvor Thorkilsen's family. I have some info on Anne Christiansdtr and the farm Ovre Mysse but nothing else on Halvor. Any and all help will be appreciated.1851 Viet 18 Novbr. Ungkarl Halvor Thorkilsen Kjønaas i Tinds Præstegjeld, 31, Gmd, født Rolloug Præstegjeld, opholdendes Augvaldsnæs Prgjld., far Thorkild Halvorsen Berg, og Pigen Anne Christiansdtr. Øvre Mysse, 23, far Christian Tronsen Øvre Mysse. [sokndal A8 f 277 nr 13]1865 Mysse indre 71: Halvard Torkilds. 46, Husfader, Gaardbruger og Selveier, Ane Kristiansd. 37, hans Kone. Deres barn: Tønnes 14, Kristian 4, Halvard 1, Tomine 11, Guri 9, Kristine 6. Gunvor Mortensd. 79, født i Lunde Prgj., enke, Føderaadskone. Berthe Kristiansd. 34, ug, hendes Datter, Berthe Omundsd. 1, dennes Datter, uægte barn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I wonder.... Familysearch: Halvor Torkilsen b. 28/9-bpt.14/10 1820 Rollag, Torkild Halvorsen and Thone Iversdt.Married 7/1 1821 Rollag Torkild Halvorsen (22) and Thora Iversdt. (31).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laurie Arnold

Thank you Berit. The file you refered to from Family search would be a great help if I could verify it but it has no sources listed and is not an extract record from parish files but just a submission.Does anyone have access to parish records or Bygdebøker from the area?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Odd K. Stuvstad

In the Nore and Uvdal bygdebok, part 2, volume 2, pg.852&855 by Kåre Sønsterud has the following: Tora Iversdotter Rausgard (Røisgaard), christened 27jan1789 married 7jan1821 Torkild Halvorsson Lurås from Tinn.1 child born in Uvdal: Halvor born 29sep1820 in Rausgard (Røisgaard)Tora and Torkild moved to Berg under Lurås in Tinn, where their next child was christened in 1822.Sønstegard also mentions that more information can be found about this family in Tinn bygdebok, vol 2, pg.180

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laurie Arnold

Thanks Odd,At least that refers to the Berg reference. sure do wish there was a cencus between 1801 and 1865... I am sure I am the first one to feel that way... hehehehDoes this mean that Halvor is the 2nd child with another born in 1822?Laurie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Tinn II page 177: Luraas-Rue: Berg u/sud Rue 1801 Halvor Torkjelsson 52y. wife Birgit Oldt. 48y. Chrildren: 1)Gunhild 1791-1834 2)Ragnhild 1793 3) Torkjell 1798 4) Jon 1800.In 1822 Torkjell Halvorsen was husmann at Berg. Married to Tore Ivarsd. Røsgård from Numedal. Chrildren: 1)Guri 1822 married to Jon Hansson Haugen u/Maarheimsrud 2)Iar 1824 -kjempekar- drowned in Labrofossen v/Kongsberg. 3)Ola 1827 See Strand and Langerud. 4) Birgit 1830.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laurie Arnold

Thank you so much Berit.Now I have a question? There is no mention of Halvor in the Tind book? Is this strange? I guess I am so unsure of Halvor's line because the only family 'tradition' I have been able to get on Halvor is that he was 'a dark, and angy man' and a 'vagabond'. I guess the vagabond part makes me feel like he will be harder to track. Does this mean he was a gypsy?Laurie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Sorry, aboutbut child= 2)Ivar 1824 who drowned. I do not know what 'kjempekar' means. Maybe huge man, or one who likes a fight or a realy nice guy.It is a lot of people with the name Torkjell and Halvor in Tind. I personly do not belive he is a gipsy or something like that.It was nothing more in the book. Halvor was born around 1750.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Familysearch: Halvor Torkilsen, father Torkild Jonsen Kase/Kaase and Birgit Østensd. married 16/1 1783 Tinn Birgit Olsdt.More children:Ole bapt. 5/12 1784 Tinn, Ragnil bpt. 30/5 1788, Torkil was bpt. 22/4 1798..Torkil Jonsen bpt. 1/10 1722, parents Jon Halvorsen and Anne Herbjørnsdt., married ab. 1853 Tinn Birgit Ørstensdt.Children: Ole bpt. 19/7 1764 Tinn, Anne 1761, Jon 1758 Tinn, Halvor ab. 1754 Tinn.Jon Halvorsen Marheim, died 1766, father Halvor Marheim. Jon married ab. 1713 Anne Herbjørnsdt. b.ab. 1690, parents Herbjørn Torkildsen Geitsklid and Ragnild Olsdt.Children: Aase b. 1714 Maarem Tinn, Herbjørn 1718, Jon bpt. 10/12 1719 Maarem, Torchild bpt. 11(1)/10 1722 Maarem and married Birgit Ørstensdt. ca. 1725, father Ørsten, Tosten 1725 Marem, Ragnil bpt. 25/3 1728 Maarem, Torger bpt. 24/9 1730 Maarem.All this must be controlled against churchbooks, but at last I found some farmnames.Halvor came from Maarem/Marheim ? and Anne Herbjørnsdt. from Geitsklid? I do not have the books, maybe someone else can help you there. In 1801: Marum and Gjeskelien?.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laurie Arnold

Thank you again for all your hard work, Berit. I really appreciate it. It looks quite logical that this is the best path to try and track in the parish records.I have only one point of confusion. In (5) you refer to 1 child born in Uvdal: Halvor born 29sep1820 in Rausgard (Røisgaard). I think this is him.My question is... in (7) In the family group for 1822 ... you don't list Halvor (født 1820)among the children for Torkjell Halvorsen... husmann at Berg.Thank you again, Laurie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I can not say anything for sure before I have seen Tinn bygdebok. (5) Odd told you about Halvor from Nore and Uvdal bygdebok.I told you from Tinn bygdebok, and Halvor was not born in Tinn.A bygdebok is not a familieregister, but the history about the FARMS and the people who lived there. So when a family move from one farm to another, their history must be followed from farm to farm. It is the same when they move from, say Uvdal in Buskerud to Tinn in Telemark.I hope you understand what I am trying to say. It is difficult to explain when I dont know the rigth words for all of it.I hope I tomorrow will be able to take a look at Tinn bygdebok for the rest of the family and then we will see.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laurie Arnold

Hi Berit,I understand what you are trying to say. Just because Halvor isn't mentioned doesn't mean anything happened to him. Without a census to 'see' him in the family group we would have to look for.... his confirmation in the parish records??? Would he have had to register for the military or anything else that would show him before his marriage?I can't thank you enough. I really never expected to be able to get a handle on his family. His wife's family have lived on and some still live on the farm at Øvre Mysse today and that is really neat but I knew Halvor's moved much more.You have given me the nicest Christmas present I can imagine.Hilsen, Laurie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Churchrecords Tinn: Konf. 26/11 1837 Attrå krk. in Tinn Halvor Thorkildsen Berg. Parents Thorkild Halvorsen and Thora Iversdt. Fjell... Born 1820 20/9 bpt. 14/10 Opdal church(Uvdal in Numedal) in Rollaug. Vaccination 6/1 1826 by Østen Østensen.H.H.Einung, Tinn Soga, part II.MÅRHEIM farm in Attraa sogn, part nr.4, p.332: A)Jon Halvorsen lived here in 1700.He died 1766 100y. old. He was 1.married to Gro Torgeirsdt. In the division of the inheritance after Gro in 1712 these children are mentined: 1)Halvor Jonsen, 1.married 1724 to Aagot Helleksdt. 2.married 1769 to Aslaug Høljesdt. 2) Gjermund Jonsen.Jon 2.married (1713) Anne Herbjørnsdt. b.ab. 1690, Geisklid.Daugther of Herbjørn Torkildsen Geitsklid and Ragnild Olsdt. Children: 3)Aase Jonsdt. 1714. 4)Herbjørg 1718, 5)Jon 1719, 6)TORKJELL 1723, 7) Torstein 1725, 8)Ragnhild 1728, 9) Torgeir 1730.In 1730 he had 1 horse, 6 cows, 1 heifer, 1 calf, 7 sheep and 4 goates. Jon was not a rich man and had to borrow money against the farm. In 1761 his son Halvor had taken over the farm.B) Torkjell Jonsen bapt. Dom.19 1722 Attraa chr. in Tinn. Father Jon Marum. Married ab. 1753 Tinn Bergit Ørstensdt.Kase? b.ab. 1725.(churchbook 1734-56 is missing). Children: HALVOR Torkjelsen 1754, Jon 1758, Anne 1761, Ole b. 1764 at Marum.---I do not know which farm they lived on.C) Halvor Torkjelsen 1754. Engaged 6/11 1782 and married 16/1 1783 Tinn batch. Halvor Torkilsen and Birgit Olsdt. Caut: Erich Skrindesbakk an Torkil Beckjorden. They lived at Berg under Sud Rue in Austbygda sogn. Children Gunhild 1791-1834, Ragnhild 1793, TORKJELL 1798, Jon 1800.D) Torkjell Halvorsen 1798, married to Tore Ivarsdt. Røsgaard from Numedal. Children: Guri 1822 married to Jon Hansson Haugen under Mårheimsrud, Ivar 1824 he drowned, Ola 1827 Strand, Langerud and Birgit 1830.E) Halvor Torkjellsen b. 20/9 1820. Married 18/11 1851 Soknedal Rogaland to .....GEISKLID farm in Attraa sogn in Tinn: Nils Høljesen married to Liv Torbjørnsdt. owned Geisklid in 1690, but he was freeholder of a part in Hegard farm in Austbygda. His daugther Margit Nilsdt. was married to Torkjell Herbjørnsen. They got a son named Herbjørn. Herbjørn received a deed on a part of Geisklid in 1704 from his grandfather- who then lived at Rue. Herbjørn Torkjelsen married Ragnhild Olves or Olsdt. 1650-1720. Herbjørn died 1705. Children: 1)Torgeir mt. Gro Sveinsdt. Bernaas, 2)Torkjell mt. Marfit Nillsdt. Rue in Austbygda, 3)Jon mt. Gyry Torgeirsdt. Mølid, 4)Gro mt. Jon Torgeirs. Husevoll, 5)Anne mt. Jona Halvorsen Mårheim.HEGARD in Austbygda: Nils Høljesen-later Rue, died 1707 Rue in Austbygda. Married to Liv Torbjørnsdt. who lived in 1712. Children: Hølje, Torbjørg, Margit mt. Torkjell Herbjørnsen-see Geisklid, Anne mt. Torjus Tovssen. Nils was in court 27/12 (no year mentioned)for assault on Torkjell Luraas and for chopping to pieces a timber boom.I belive that's all and a Merry Christmas to you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laurie Arnold

Berit,I don't have words... Thank you is inadequate... (and I am seldom speachless... hehehh) My 'nicer side' must be the Norwegian in me... I really never thought I'd have a handle on this line.May you and yours be equally blessed and have a wonderful hoiday season,Laurie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.