Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18378] Møre og Romsdal kommunes

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen

Can someone help me to understand the relationship between Sunnylven, Stranda, Norddal and Ørskog?My 'kommune chart' shows that Sunnylven did not come into existence until 1862, and became a part of Stranda in 1965. But I find this kommune in the census before 1862.When I searched on the LDS website, some marriages (like the parents of Marta Larsdatter Sve) are shown for Ørskog kirke, when both the bride and groom lived in Stranda (at Sve and Hesgjerde).In the 1701 Census, the farm Fivelstad is in Norddal. But according to O. Rygh, it was in Sunnylven.I also noticed that Sunnylven and Ørskog have the same kommune number (1523).I will appreciate any assistance...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I have no local knowledge, but perhaps you mix up communes with parishes?The parishes are old church-institutions. When communes were founded, their borders were likely to follow the borders of the parishes. Still, not always. Especially in the western part of Norway, commune borders and parish borders have not always been the same. Different parts of a parish have belonged to different communes and so on.But I guess we will need some local knowledge to answer your question correctly!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.