Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18512] Atrå kirke Tinn

Gjest Laurie Arnold
 Del

Gjest Laurie Arnold

I have been looking and can't seem to find a picture of the Atrå kirke. Can someone point me to where I can get a picture and some information on this family church?Thank you,Laurie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

In case Laurie doesn't read Norwegian very well, it is perhaps useful to explain that the stave church on the drawing Arnstein told about, was demolished in 1839. A new church building was finished in 1836, and this one is still used today. Unfortunately I have got no pictures of it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laurie Arnold

Thanks Arnstein,What a cool sketch and yes, Knut I managed to figure out the sketch was done in 1833 and in the farm book for Rjukan... built in 1180 but then I was getting stuck. I guess that is why I was having trouble finding a picture.My ancestors would have used the old one so I am especially appreciative of the sketch. But now I am curious. Does anyone know what it's replacement is like?I am just so impressed whith how helpful you all are.Laurie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nils Buverud

According to 'Norsk Kirkeleksikon', encyclopedia of norwegian churches, the new church in Atrå is a wooden longchurch in empire stile. Has a gallery and place for 300 persons. Alterpiece from 1908, by Lars Osa. Wooden pulpit from 1836, built in matching stile with the rest of the church; also an old pulpit from the stave church. Wooden font, also from 1836. Romantic style organ from Jørgensen, 1922. 3 bells: one from 1925 and the other two from the old stave church. Antependium (in front of the altar) made in 1726 by Mette Green. Two paintings of ministers from late 1800, made by the norwegian/american painter Herbjørn Gausta. In 1992 there werw 19 services; 6 baptized, 7 conf., 4 weddings and 13 funerals. The services were attended by average 51 people. I also found a photo in blac/white, and you can se that if you go to: http://www.buverud.no/atraa/Nils........

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest tor dale svendsen

They dont use anything of the wooden material from the old 'stav'church when they built the new one. They use 2 old church bells, and the old brassplatter from the font. And for some years ago, they found an brass chandelier from the old church, and now it is hanging in the new church. They also found an altar carpet, that has been used at the front of the altar in the 'stav'church, its from the 1700 made by a widow from an old rector. She made it because she was afraid that her dead husband not has pease in his grave. It has been restored and got a place at the front of the altar again. Some other things, the pulpit from the 'stav'church, was used as a cupboard at Traen farm for many years. Now it is back in the church, and stands in the porch, nexto the old confessional. At the second floor in the bell tower, three of the doors, and some feew other wooden things from the 'stav' church is stuffed away.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.