Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18522] Hvilken prestegjeld for Gyltvik, Sørfolden, Nordland

Gjest Adele Goa
 Del

Gjest Adele Goa

I would like to order the microfilm for a 20 May 1898 marriage from the LDS Family History Center. The bride was born in Gyltvik, Sørfolden. The family are shown twice in the 1900 Folketelling: Nordland / Sørfolden / Svare and in Troms / Skjerstad / Charlotte. I can find kirkebøker for Skjerstad on the LDS site but can find nothing for Sørfolden or Sorfolden. Would the Skjerstad prestgjeld include Gyltvik in Sørfolden?Takk på forhånd Adele

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Harald Haug

Sørfold is a relatively new prestegjeld (parish), established in 1881 as the southern half of the older Folda prestegjeld. (The northern half was called Nordfold). For parish registers before 1881 (and in some cases during the period between 1881 and 1900) you have to search in Folda prestegjeld (or Rørstad, which was the name of the main church, today a very remote place because most people nowadays travel by car rather than by boat). I recommend you the following link:LenkeUnfortunately this is only in Norwegian, but the parish names and the years are easily recognizable). The main abbreviations are the following: F=born, K=confirmed, V=married and D=died. 'Hele prestegjeldet' means the whole parish. Sokn means a subordinate parish. A common prestegjeld is constituted of several sokns. Skjerstad is a totally different place, on the other (southern) side of the Salten fjord.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Adele Goa

Tusen takk, Jon Harald. I had not searched the LDS Family History Library records for Folda or Rørstad, I had only tried Sørfolden and Folden.I have used the Riksarkivet site many times but had forgotten about it in my search for these records.I will order the appropriate years on microfilm for Rørstad i Folda.Jeg har, sikkert nok norsk å lese kirkebøker men er ikke så flink å skrive det. Takk for din englesk svar.mvh Adele

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.