Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18553] Karen P. Heggem (born 1871) Tingvoll, Ore herred

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

A person on the Norway list over here is looking for information on the parents, siblings and farm for Karen P. Heggem (born 1871) would be from. She was married to Ole Olsen Liabo (born 1868) and came to Chicago, November 1891. She was known as Carrie Liabo in the US.Carrie Liabo's husband was one of children born on the Liabo farm in Halse Parish to Ole Olsen and Magnild Larsdatte. His entry in the Halse bygdebok on page 401 (Smetroa-Liabo, Lnr 80d, Gnr 35, Bnr 7 av skyld 49 ore), says Ole, f. 1868 g. M. en fra Heggem i Ore. De reiste til USA og skulle ikke ha born.Does anyone have any information from a bygdebok for Karen? I do not have those pages.Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'm hoping someone has the Gjemsnes bygdebook. From a map I have for the Fostervoll farm, I know Heggem is a neighboring farm and I also do see the name Liabo. So, we're hoping that there will be a listing for Karen P. Heggem that says she married Ole Olsen Liabo and went to US. We are also assuming her father's name is Peder. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgeir Kvalvaag

I can't find her among the people living on the Heggem farms, registered in the Bygdebok. It doesn't mean she's not there. I might have missed her. But there is also one problem caused by the fact that I don't even find any Peder that could have been her father, agewise.One exception: Peder Pederson Heggem (1838-1899) moved from Heggem/Midtgarden to Kristiansund where he and his wife Gurianne Johansdotter Haller hade five children.Best regards from Torgeir Kvalvaag

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Torgeir, On Rootsweb Norway list, where this question all started...an Ingrid from Norway replied with this...I believe this could be it. Gjemnes book Vol. 1 p 516 Knut Danielson Heggem born 1821 died 1889 had one son out of wedlock iwth servant Karen Olsdoter Bergem from Tingvoll - Peder born 1844Peder Knutson Heggem b 1844 left for America in 1886, the book says on page 601 in the Gjemnes book Peder is called by the last name Nastad. It says he leased the Sandnes farm (next to Heggem) from 1870 to 1882. Peder was married twice. First in 1870 to Beret Anna Johannesdotter Furset b 1840 d 1874. Six childrenborn, including John Kristian b 1867 and Karen Maria born 1871, emigrated 1891.(I have a copy of page 601 (Sandnes farm), but, not page 516, which farm is 516 from?)Second marriage to Anne Pedersdotter Duas bo 1854. Seven children born another Karen born here probably between 1877 and 1881.Both the Karens and John went to USA. We have found one Karen, John and also the father Peder (widow) in the census records. Hopefully these are the right people, will have to study a bit more to make sure. There has been activity on this on Norway list, which does seem to lead this is right. What do you think? Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgeir Kvalvaag

If you have page 601 you should have access to as much information as to what happened to Peder Knutson and his two wives with children as I have.From page 516 (and 515) I may add that Knut Danielson Bolgen (1821-1889) from Kristiansund and Karen Olsdotter on the Bergem farm in 1844 had the son Peder.Knut Danielson was using the Bytreiten husmannsplass under Heggem/Midtgarden on Osmarka 1845-1889. In 1845 he married Malina Larsd. Heggem/Lia. They had seven children, and their son Daniel Knutson bought the farm Heggem/Lia where the family still lives.Berit Anna , Peder's first wife, was the daughter of Johannes Johanson Gimnes (1806-1884) and Berit Andersd. Aandal (1807-1886.)Johannes Johanson came from husmannsplassen Hamran under the Gjemnes farm. He used Harkjellplassen under Furset 1846-1884.Berit Andersd. was born on the farm Furset/Derbort ('Over there'.) She and Johannes Johansen have a great deal of descendants.Berit Andersd. was the daughter of Anders Knutson Furset (1777-1823) and Ane Andersd. Aandal (1783-1862.) They married in 1807.Anders Knutson/Derbort was the son of Knut Anderson Furset/Derbort (1748-1834) and Berit Knutsd. Aandal (1743-1823) from Aandal/Derned ('Down there'.) They married in 1771.Knut Anderson was the son of Anders Halvorson Furset/Derbort (1699-1760) and Ane Knutsdotter Ekren from Røvik, Storlandet (1705-1770.) They married in 1724.Anders Halvorson was the son of Halvor Olson Furset/Derbort (ab. 1670-1740) and Marit Arntsd. Furset (1671-1704.)They married in 1696.As you might have noticed som 'lagoons' remain, but this is how far I can help you for now.All praise should go til Nils Tore Leivdal and volumes I and IV of his Gards- and ættesoge for Gjemnes.Best wishes from Torgeir

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Torgeir, Thanks for the added information. I will pass all of this along to the man that is looking for Karen. I'm sure he will be most happy!I have been told all of the books are sold out, is that correct? I would love to own the one with Fostervold and Sandnes listed in it.Thanks again, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgeir Kvalvaag

If you mail Gjemnes kommuneLenkethey certainly will know if there are any copies of volume I (incl. Osmarka with Heggem, Sandnes, Fostervollen, Øie and so on)around.All the best from Torgeir

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Torgeir, I wrote to them and got the reply that indeed they are sold out. They may reprint in 3-4 years. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torgeir Kvalvaag

Try a Norwegian 'antikvariat.' Very often they have bygdebøker, especially the big ones (i.e. antikvariater) in Oslo. Norli, Cappelen and so on.Torgeir

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Heggem

Peder Knutson Heggem, born 1844 left for Amerika in 1886. He was also known under the name Peder Sannes, and he lived for some years at the farm Bakkan (Gardsnr. 10 bruksnr. 16) in Osmarka with his family before he left (Gjemnes bygdebok). The owner of the farm Bakkan at that time was Peder Erikson Heggem, my great grandfather.Further information about Peder Knutson Heggem you can find at the farm Bytreiten, bruksnr. 13 (Gjemnes Bygdebok)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jan, Nice to hear from a member of the Heggem family! I'll get out all the information I have printed out on this family and see if your Peder is indeed the same one as his. Sometimes these people are hard to find both over there and here, especially when they moved from state to state. These people are not related to me, I just helping a fellow out in Illinois through a Norway list.Are any of the Heggems that married into Fostervold your relatives? I'm from the Fostervold/Sannes family. If not I'm sure they certainly did know one another!!!Regards, Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jan, OK, this does look like the right Peder!! He had two daughters with the name Karen, they each had a different mother. What I would like to know is -- do you know who the two Karens married? I'm looking for the one who married Ole Olson Liabo. There is a real question over here in the census record that (Ralph from Illinois) has found, it could be either one of the two depending which record you go by. Very puzzling, I think she's the first one born. Maybe you have more information available. Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Heggem

Nancy, nice to hear from you. I can't see that neither the Fostervolds nor the Sannes are married into my family. I've gone through my files, but I didn't find persons with those names.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Heggem

Hey again Nancy. I could see from the files 'Emigrants from Kristiansund 1882-1930' that Ole Liabø (born 1868) and his wife Karen Liabø (born 1871) left Norway after their summer holliday on August 20th 1910. This is the same Karen who left for Amerika on November 17th 1891, five years after his father on the steamer Guionlinjen. I think that this prove that these two people were married.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jan, Thanks!! I passed this info along.The Heggems that married into my family are Eli Kristensdatter, Erik Pederson, Lambright Anderson, Ole Larson and Synnove Nilsdatter. I may have done this all wrong, that's what I came up with in my translation of the Sandnes pages. If you see that I did the line wrong, please let me know.Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Heggem

I think your information are right. The bygdebok of Gjemnes says that Peder K. Heggem stayed on Bakkan for some time before he left for Amerika (p. 523). This could match to the fact that he stayed at the Sandnes farm until 1882 and than moved to Bakkan.Regarding the second Karen, born between 1877 and 1881, I have no information. Sorry!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.