Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18576] Kristiansand ancestor

Gjest Dick Norland
 Del

Gjest Dick Norland

My great grandfather served in the Norwegian military in Kristiansand in the late 1870's or so and met a young woman named Christine. Ultimately Christine left Norway and came to Iowa and married my great grandfather Albert Norland. I have found her in a log of emigrants dated August 10, 1882 and she signed her name as Christine Hanson. Her wedding license application lists her parents as Lewis Alsbrahanson(Possibly Abrahamson) and Maria Lason. Does anyone have any clues on these parents? Where can I order military records for ancestors? Takk for all hjelp. Dick

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

Thank you for the ideas. Where is Kvinesdal? The foster child is not accurate with the girl's age. My great grandmother would have been 5 years old at the 1865 census. The other census listings are possibilities. Would anyone know where the military might have trained near Kristiansand in the late 1870's?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

Yes. I think that is my relative. Another relative of mine thinks her father could be a Hans Ludvig. Does anyone find any Hans Ludvig living around the Kristiansand area?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.