Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18618] John Strand from Elverum - What is his story? emigrated in 1863

Gjest Torunn Cathrine Ludvigsen
 Del

Gjest Torunn Cathrine Ludvigsen

Hello!Gwen Sackrison wonders:A man named John Strand from Elverum who arrived in New York in April 1863, and departed from Oslo probably the same year.The mother's name is: Martha ( Marta)She may have died on the ship.Daughter Anna Olena,Mattie and son Charles.They had red hair. This is the information Gwen has left me, and she wants to know if there is anyone out there who can help her find something about the family in Norway.I guess anything is of interest, and all information is good information.I wrote this in English ( pardon ... ) so that Gwen can follow this topic herself.Is there anyone who can help her?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Int he 1880 US census I found John Strand 63y., son Charles 25y. and daughter Leana 15y. in Independence, Hennapin, Minn. Is this the family? I am asking because it tells their age.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir Kamsvaag Berntsen

Look to Tuvenga, Strand Nordre, Elverum where Johan Jensen with wife Marthe and children Karinus (Charles?), Inger Marthea (Mattie?) and Oline (Leana?) emigrated to Wisconsin.This is a longshot, but the age of the children fits, and the names are reasonable. But the details are not accurate comparing to the information given so far. If this might be interesting, I'll have a closer look at the family later.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.