Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18643] Gunder Olson Emberland -born 1857-Sveio??

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

Hello again, I'm going to start on my mother's father's family after the new year, thought I would try and get a head start. They would be my great grandparents.I have Gunder Olson Emberland born 1857 married to Karine Sylvfestson Emberland born 1858. I know they came to America and they are buried in Willmar, Minnesota. I'm hoping to find someone with a bygdebok that would have further information.Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Otto Jørgensen

Sveio, II, page 89Ola Paulson Fagerland b 1806, d 1886m 1 Marta Gunnarsdtr Viholvde Øvre b 1809 d 1840Children:Paul b 1832 to EmberlandBrynhild b 1833 to ØklandGunnar b 1834 d 1835Kari b 1836Gunnar b 1838 d 1840M 2. Aagota Johannesdtr Kin b 1805 d 1845 no childrenm 3. Borghild Johannesdtr (sister to Aagota) b 1823 d 1901Johannes b 1846 to ØklandElias b 1848 to ØklandMarta b 1851 to HauglandAagota b 1853Oline b 1855 to ÅsbuGunnar b 1857 to EmberlandKari b 1859 married Johannes M Kallevik, BømloBorghild b 1861 to VassliOle Andreas b 1863Berta b 1866 married to Peder P Røyksund Bømlo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug Robberstad Petit

Berta died in 1939. Two of their children emigrated to the US too : Peder b. 1899 and Ole Bertin b. 1906There are several people from the family still living on Bømlo as Rune said. I have the bygdebook if you're interested.Kjellaug kelly.petit@wanadoo.fr

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello, Thanks to all who responded!! I will need to compare all this with what I do have. I do see the name of Elias Okland, I have found his family over here. And I think Helga Kallevik (HI!) fits into the family somehow. This will give me a good start, to go off what I already to have!I don't think my mom knew alot about the Emberland family in Norway, her dad must not have talked about it alot. I would be interested in the history of the farm, also.Thanks again, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello Nancy!Yes, this is my family too. I will send you the information I have. I also think that you will find information about Kari married Johannes Kallevig at the Kallevig Family site where you already have pass word, (go to my family tree on that page). On that site there is also under file a letter written from Johannes and Kari to relatives in Norway telling about how he lived in Minnesota (a very 'funny' letter).Johannes was an older brother of my great grandfather Mathias. He first baught a farm at Grønaas Mosterhamn where he lived together with his family before he emigrated about 1886. He lived near Willmar, MN just across the road where his brother Ole and also my great grandfather Mathias lived for about 10 years before he came back to Norway about 1897 (I have seen that farm!).Johannes and Kari were also first cousins if it is right in the Sveio bygdebook.Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hi again!I think that I maybe also have a letter somewhere from one of my grandfathers uncles (there were 3 brothers of my great grandfather living in the Willmar area. They emigrated between 1886-1895. These were Johannes b. 1849, Elias b. 1857 and Ole b. 1866. In this letter it is mentioned that he had met Gunder Emberland and sends his greetings, so I think that the Kallevig and the Emberland family had good contact in those days. Bothe my great grandmother, the wife of Mathias Kallevik (Johannes Kallevigs brother), and my great great grandmother the mother of Johannes, Mathias and Ole came from Sveio. My great grandmother from Aasbu, my great great grandmother from Kinn.Emberland, Aasbu and Kinn are all neighbour farms in Sveio.Helga

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Helga, I know we have common ancestors, it's just for me to get it down on paper!! I have found many duplications of the same name, I guess that's what has me so confused. I just spoke on the phone with Martha Evenson from Willmar, she is a daughter to Elias & Sophie Okland. She said she didn't even know her mother's maiden name. Now, I'm even more confused. After Christmas will have to sit down and just work on one family at a time. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!I will help you with the information I have. Maybe some of the Kallevigs around Willmar can help you too. I know some of them have done some research. They have made a book with all the Kallevigs in Minnesota 1887-1987. I have also some information in English which I earlier sent to some descendants of Kari and Johannes. I will try to find it and send it to you.Helga

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!I find Karine Emberland (Gunvor Karine Sølvfestdatter b.1858)in the emigrant protocoll Ellis island June 15 1909. I think that I have seen somewhere that Gunder Emberland first emigrated and then got his wife (Gunvor) Karine and children over to USA some time later.LenkeIn the 'bygdebook' it sais that be emigrated to America, sold the place and got his family over to America. I can not find Gunder (or Gunnar) in the same protocoll as his wife in 1909. So maybe he already was in USA at that time.Helga

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

I am sorry the link did not work.Digitalarkivet: Emigrants from Stavanger 1903-1928. [253116/246]13726 1783 1909 Juni 2 Karine Emberland f g Farmer 1858 Sveen Minnesota Nei Liten fortjeneste 13727 1784 1909 Juni 2 Sina Emberland f ug Farmer 1885 Sveen Minnesota Nei Liten fortjeneste 13728 1785 1909 Juni 2 Aasta Emberland f ug Farmer 1889 Sveen Minnesota Nei Liten fortjeneste 13729 1786 1909 Juni 2 Johan Emberland m ug Farmer 1892 Sveen Minnesota Nei Liten fortjeneste 13730 1787 1909 Juni 2 Severin Emberland m ug Farmer 1898 Sveen Minnesota Nei Liten fortjeneste 13731 1788 1909 Juni 2 Karine Emberland f ug Farmer 1900 Sveen Minnesota Nei Liten fortjeneste 31210 658 1926 april 19 Hanna Emberland f g Farmer 1879 Sveio U.S.A. nei Reiser med sin mand

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Helga, I had found the Ellis Island record. On the 1st line of the manifest you will see Ole Emberland, looks like he also came in 1904 and then again in 1904. I believe Ole and Gunder came together in 1904 and Ole then went back to get the rest of the family. But cannot find any record for the 1904 trip. I don't think that I found the 1909 record from Norway's archives either, thanks!Also on the same manifest you will see Ole Rod, that was my grandma Caroline's brother. I see you have a Hanna listed, that I don't recall will have to look. I know I found when Caroline came to Ellis Island, it was hard to find, whoever looked at the manifest and put to the Ellis Island online pages, really misread the writing. I think I found Ole Rod under Ole Rid, if I remember correctly. Caroline had told my mom how they would mark the people's coats with chalk and possibly that those people would have to go back to Norway because of ill health or whatever. She was so scared that would happen to her, but, of course it didn't.With the Christmas season upon us it reminds me of my mom and her lefse, the best!! She said her mother, Caroline would make thousands of lefse and sell to the grocery store to make extra money. Wish I had more stories, all Ole and Caroline's children but one have died and she doesn't really care about the family tree. Thanks again for this additional information from the archive, sometimes I just can't seem to find them. Alot of that has to do with the last name usage.Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 år senere...
Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello Nancy!It is some time since we had contact now. a few days ago I got E-mail from a person named Lon Emberland in USA. He had been researching the Emberland family history for many years. I think this is maybe the same family as yours, but the only name he has is Johan Emberland. Here is some of what he wrote today:'Thank you very much for this e-mail . I have been interested in researching the Emberland family history for many years , but unfortunately have been unsuccessful so far . The only name I have to search with is that of Johan Emberland ( possibly Olson ) I heard a story when I was very young, that the family name had been changed to Emberland because of the land they originated in from Norway . I cannot verify this info , because of the enormous popularity of this name ( Olson ) My Grandfathers name was Raynard Emberland and his wife Elna . They settled in Wilmar Minnesota , and this is where my father, Alan Ray Emberland was born . They are all buried near the family homestead in Pennock Minnesota . I do not have any dates to use as to when any of this family came to the United States from Norway ....'Maybe you can help him with this research?Sincerely Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Fostervold Halvorson

I believe his gr grandfather may have been Ole Johan Emberland born Feb 10, 1879 according to the WW I Draft Registration card. His wife is listed as Ingeborg. I think her maiden name may have been Okland. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello Nancy!Did Ole Johan and Ingeborg live in Minnesota og Sveio, Norway?I was wondering if this Johan maybe could have been The son of Gunnar and Karine Emberland named Paul Johan and born 1892, and emigrated together with his mother and siblings in 1909? But he is in close family to you, so you wold have know.Helga K.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello again!I found this at MN death registration:EMBERLAND, RAYNARD JOHNDate of Birth: 10/18/1911Place of Birth: MINNESOTAMother Maiden Name: OAKLANDcertid# 1974-MN-012133Date of Death: 05/11/1974 County of Death: KANDIYOHIThis must be Lon's grandfather. And this must then be his gr.grandmother:EMBERLAND, INGEBORGDate of Birth: naPlace of Birth: naMother Maiden Name: nacertid# 1951-MN-007110Date of Death: 07/07/1951County of Death: KANDIYOHI Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roger Fossum

Kan Ingeborg Emberland være mor til EMBERLAND, RAYNARD JOHN ? Det kan i såfall være denne personen som evt. har giftet seg på nytt i USA. LenkeRoger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

here is a link to the emigrantprotocoll for Ingeborg:LenkeIt then looks like the John or Johan I (or Lon)was looking for is not in near family to Nancy.Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.