Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18644] Carl Johan Rod Johanneson b. 1852 - Sveio?

Gjest Nancy (Fostervold) Halvorson
 Del

Here's is my mother's mother's side. My great grandparents. I have Carl-Johan Rod Johanneson born 1852 died 1901 married to Malene Olson Fagerland Rod born 1859 died 1900. They did not come to America but, there daughter Caroline Yette Rod Carlson (married-Emberland)did come here. I have a photo of some relatives that helped Caroline get ready to come and I'm sure help pay her way. I would like to find the names of them also. I'm hoping some relative is living that I could scan the photo to.I would also like any information about this family that anyone can give me. I do have some, but written in handwriting very hard to make out from a cousin of my mom's in Norway. His name was Einar Vestvik.Thanks, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Roald Sjursen

HelloAnd in the 1900 cencus with Karl Johan Johannesen, born 1852, living at Rød together with his children. LenkeI was not able to locate Malene Olson Fagerland Rød either in 1865 cencus or in 1900 cencus.Mvh Roald

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Otto Jørgensen

Svieo III page 176Karl johan Johannesson Rød b 1852 d 1901 married Marlene Olsdtr Fagerland b 1859 d 1900childrenHanna Amalie b 1879 to VestvikOle Johannes b 1882 d 1890Sina Marie b 1884 m FagerlandReinert Olai b 1886 m RødJette Karoline b 1888 to USAOle Johan b 1890 to USAJenny Emelie b 1893 f 1899Serine b 1895 d 1899Johan Mandius b 1898 m Anna Johannesdtr Goksim, Nord Huglo, dead in HaugesundJenny Serine b 1900 d 1900

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Gangstø

There is a Reinert Vestvik in the Sveio phonebook, with address:Reinert Vestvik, Vestvik, 5551 Auklandshamn, Norway as well as one Einar Vestvik, Vestvik, 5551 Auklandshamn, Norway that might well be his son Rgrds Hans Gangstø

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello, How nice to wake up to these emails from Norway!!Thanks to Rune, Roald, Otto and Hans!! I will Read through what you have sent and see how it compares to what my mom had gotten from Reinert. I have a hard time reading his writing. Otto are there many pages to the Rod farm listed in the Sveio III book? I would like to know the history of the farm, also. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!!Thanks so much, Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Is Reinert still alive? If he is, he would be quite old. My mom used to get letters from him and then they stopped coming, she assumed he had died. She didn't have an address for Einar to write and ask about her cousin.My mom passed away in 1999. Her name was Margrete Constance Emberland, she married my dad Leif Kermit Fostervold son to Ole and Inga Fostervold.Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello Nancy!The world is not 'very big'. Just about two hours ago I talked with my mother, and she said she was going to write christmas card to the wife of Reinert Vestvik. They were friends when they were young. Einar Vestvik works for 'Haugesunds Avis' I think.Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!I think that must be him. My mother says taht the son of Reinert and Jenny (Lien) Vestvik works as a journalist in Haugesunds Avis.Helga

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi everyone, That has to be the right person!! I think I may have a photo of Einer and Reinert's wife was named Jenny. I have a 'wheel' tree that Reinert sent, but is so hard for me to figure out. I thought if I could see the names from either the census or a bygdebok I would understand better. I have a bunch of old photos from a photographer in Haugesund that may be from this family of course no names written on them. So, maybe this Einer will know who they might be. Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Hello!The oldest daughter of Carl-Johan Johannesson Rød and Malene Olsdatter Fagerland, Hanna Amalie b. 1879 married Eivind Helgeson Vestvik b.1876, died 1910.They got 4 children:1) Helge b.1904,Vestvik2) Johan b.1905, emigrated to America3) Reinert b. 1908 married Jenny Lien, living at Vestvik (1 child)4) Martin b.1909 married Johanne Pedersdatter Stokkenes, Vestviksætre b.1918 d.1965 (5 children)(Information from Sveio bygdebok 1)Helga Kallevik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Helga Kallevik

Carl-Johans daughter number 2, Sina Marie born 1884 and died 1971. She married Johan Severin Janson Fagerland b.1881.Children:1)Helga Malene born 1904, married in Rosendal (Hordaland county).2)Jan born 1906, married Rød3)Johan born 1908, unmarried4)Seselie born 1910, married northern Apeland.5) Ole Andreas born 1912, unmarried lived in Haugesund.6) Svein Mathias born 1915, married Rosendal.Johan Severin bought the little place Bjørkelien at Fagerland in 1913 and lived there until 1929. Then he moved to Rød.Helga

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.