Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18651] Vigmostad

Gjest Larry Norstedt
 Del

Gjest Kristian Fjeldsgård

1709-12 Salve Gammelsson paid the tax on (Floge)-Seland.Died befor April 21, 1733 when theese people are mentioned:Married to Astrid Jensdotter (She first married to Jens Torjesson), Children in first marriage (must be his?). Mali and Ingrid who was married to Torje Gamalsson Naverdalen,Salve and Astrid had 2 children, Jon (Salvesson) and Steinvor (married to Aanen Jonsson Vassland)Theese are onformations from the Vigmostad Bygdebok.From the tax register in 1647 I find that the farm belong to the priest in Undal (Sør-Audnedal)I have one candidate for his father and that is Gamal Asbjørnsson Vassdalen (Vigmostad) 30 year in 1666 census.The only reason I have for that is because Vassdalen is owned by the Crown, and beeing a land-leaser Salve may have arranged that his son in law, Aanen Jonsson Vassdalen, became land-leasr at Vassdalen.This is speculations and must be confirmed with hard fact, at the Archive in Kristiansand.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

Thank all of youIn the 1666 census Lister II all of the farms in Undal are listed in Valle Sokn even though the farms of Vigmostad are grouped together. Here I find what I beleive to be Vasland: [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=bd14MT60&variabel=0&postnr=2225&fulle=true&spraak=e>Lenke The previous entry is this: Lenke Is this the Gamal Asbjornsen you mentioned ?From the 'Gravlagde i Vigmostad' I find: Lenke and Lenke Are these the parents of Jon Salvesen ?Also from 'Gravlagde i Vigmostad' I find:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

As I was investigating these people a little more I happened to find a data base in the International Genealogical Index at the familysearch.org site that was unusual. The batch number is F517979.It alleges that the father of Jens Aanensen b. 1647 is the son of Amund Gammelsen b. 1616 who is the son of Gamel Nilsen Vasland of Hægebostad (maybe Eiken). This Amund Gammelsen is exactly the same age as Amund Gammelsen Vasland of Vigmostad who maybe the uncle of the man suspected to be Jon Salvesen father.The wife of Jens Aanensen, Ingebor Hujesdatter also had a grandmother Guri Halkjensen b.1591 married to Torkild Jonsen b. 1587 in this database. I could not find any evidence of the name Halkjens ever being used. Someone else reported in the IGI a Guri Halkjelsen b.1593 at Foss in Valle. In addition there was a Torkild Jonsen age 63 at Nedre Vigmostad in 1666. He had a son listed as THalkiel.Is this bad Genealogy or could there be some elements of truth to it? I am just trying to find my family's roots.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have a Guri Hallkjellsdotter (Hallkjellsen) Skofteland, married to Eivind Olsson (Olavsson) Spilling (Vigmostad) ab. 1596 to 1667.She was daugther of Hallkjell Hugesson Skofteland and Marit Toresdotter FossHallkjell had a son Huge Hallkjellsson Skofteland who was married to the sister of the above Eivind, Aashild Olsdotter SpillingThey had a daughter Ingeri Hugesdotter est. 1625, probate 1709, first married to 'Lille Gunnar' Olaffson Gangsaa dead 1665 and so to Tore Torgiesson who moved to Gangsaa in Øyslebø.The material I have of this Sfoffteland/Foss connections is:A. Ager-Hansen: Manges forfedre i Vest-Agder (Something like: Many peoples ancestors in Vest-Agder) from about 1950, but still valuable.The Vigmostad BygdebookAn article in the annual of Agder Historielag nb. 41, 1962-63 of Per Seland: Gamle Audnedalsslekter, Foss og Ytre Skofteland i Sør-Audnedal (Old families in The Audndal, Foss and Ytre Skofteland in Sør-Audndal.This latest is the bassic work for this families.I can't find a place for a Ingeborg Hujesdotter married to Torkel Jonsson, however:In 1666 census we have a Torkell Jonsson Hegbostad 63 year, with son Halkjell 8 years and we have a Torbjørn Jonsson 40 year, also with a son Halkjell This indicates a link to the Skofteland/Foss families, without confirming anything. There are unknown peoples.From 1591 to 1623 we have Tobjørn Hegbostad in Vigmostad. From 1618 to 1659-60 we have a Jon TorbjørnssonI am not sure of the latest Jon to be the same, he may be a son or a son in law to Jon Torbjørnsson. That's because of the ages an the age difference between Torkel Jonsson and Torbjørn Jonsson in 1666.Another indication for the son-inlaw theori is that Jon in 1648-49 have properties: 1 hud in Ask in Bjelland and 1/2 hud in Hodne in Hodnebygd. I havn't serched further on theese farms.The ownership to Hegbostad in 1617 and 1624 needs to be examined further to see if there is any relationship of the owners at that time and theese mentioned above. Being half owned by the crown indicates that one earlier owner have had to pay a fine inform of his part in the farm.I think you some good genealogi if you manage to find probates and property linking the people. You must remember that the informations given is second hand and not confirmed from original.I do research on the owners in 1617-24 and will publice it in some way or another, probably within a year and a half.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Fjogstad

When you look more deeper behind the Bjelland bygdebook, you will find old (before 1580) connections from and between Ask, Lie, Koland, Tversland, Trygsland, Bjerland and some others. Also links to Vigmostad.LenkeTemaet gitt i lenken er ikke komplettert pr.d.d.Mvh Knut

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Some more hard facts:AKtstykker til de norske stændermøters historie 1548-1661, første hefte.Kristian 4. hyldning i Oslo 1591: (The Nobility and representatives from the costituensies saluted the apointment of Kristian 4 as crownprins.)Mandal 17.4.: As the first of the farmers electing was Oluf Halse (Halshaug) He also put his signet on the paper. as the first. (There is no Torben Halshaug)He is also mentioned in an legal act 1607 DN XXI, nb. 1015 as land-leaser at Halshaug, Oluf Jonsson Halse, dead but with asumed sons Jon and Torben.Valle i Lista len 24.4: Torben Hebosta was electing and Game Fasseland (Vassland) was signing as 11 of 12. (That means that his signet has survived)In list of ownership about 1617-1624 (Odelsmanntallet 1624 for Nedenes, Raabyggelag og Mandal len og Lista lens jordebok for ca. 1617) this is known:Hægebostad:1624:1032: Nils Halleland (Son of Sjur Halleland) with his siblings, not divided the herritage: Security in Hægbostad 4 engelsk (1/3 or 1/5 of a Hud)1052: Ljøde Haaland: Hegbostad 1 engelsk property1059: Oluf Jakobsson paa Skibstad Hegbostad 1 engelsk (He was married to Askier Gullovsdotter, daugther of Gullof Haaland)1068: Nils Øster Skogsfjord: Property: Kallhofde i Hodnis sogn i Raabyggelagen (Same as I mentioned yesterday) Hegbostad in Vigmostad 1 engelsk1193: Gunder Eig in Søgne 1 hud property.In 1617:1899: Hegebostad 4 huderKongelige Majestet 2 huder (The king)Gunder Eeg i Mandal 1 hud (Same as aboveSiur Halleland 1 hud (That is 1/4 of the farm)Except Gunder Eig there are relations between all above, also intermarriages.Siur, Sjur, Sigurd Halleland (Haddeland today)The herritage is found among children of a Bjørn and 5 of them are known. There may be more of them becaus there is missing parts of the property in Hegbostad from 1617 when Sjur had 1 hud. He may have been what we call 'best man' acting on behaf of the owners and since we miss all informations about Hegbostad in 1624 this part could belong to Torbjørn Hegbostad.There are a lot of loose ends, but my qualified guessing today is that considering the near relationship between Haddeland an Halshaug we know from other information, is that Torbjørn Hegbostad is identified as Torbjørn Olufsson Tust Halshaug. As far as I can see is he only mentioned at Halshaug once, it's in 1624 taking the tax/ownership list. 'Odelsmantall', and that doesn't mean that he lived there. It looks from the way it's done in Halse that families gathered on the main farm and gave the information or standing together at the 'Ting'.In 1607 he is mentioned as son of Oluf Jonsson Halse, not saying he lived ther but representing the Halshaug farmers, and having his fathers documents.The same last known apperance in a legal case from 1636.But he probably was born at HalshaugBjørn, the father of the children taking the herritage of Sjur Haddeland, I assume is Bjørn Saanum, probably married to a daughter of Sjur but????

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

Thank you Kristian for such a good lesson in deep research. I can see that many farms need to be researched just to find one ancester. I will need to improve my Norweigan and understanding of old spelling customs before I can tackle the original documents.I have been studying the church records to see if I can get any clues to these people. Jon Salvesen and Astri Johnsdatter Vasland had twelve children. They followed the naming practices fairly strickly. They would keep naming a baby that name until one of them lived. They had Astrid, two Salves, Jens, and two Ingebors, named for there parents. They had four more boys but no Gammel and no Aanen just two Oles and two Torjes. I suspect that they are younger than reported.I also looked in the deaths database for old people that died in the years immediately following 1726 when records began. I couldn't correlate anyone to the 1666 census. Jens Aanensen Vasland proported to be the father of both Aanen Jensen Vasland and Astri Jensdatter Vasland is a good example. [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=gr10281726&variabel=0&postnr=150&fulle=true&spraak=e>Lenke Leif Gammelsen Vasland is another. LenkeIngebor Hujesdatter perhaps the wife of Jens Aanensen Vasland was proported to be the daughter of Huje Torkildsen and Guri Tronsdatter in that data base I wrote about in my last post. She died in 1759. Lenke I believe that instead she may have come from Bjåstad.Salve Gammelsen died in 1733. Lenke Since I am not sure anymore about the accuracy of the reported ages, could this be a candidate for Salve's father?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

LarryI'll try to sort out things during the hollifay. As I said I miss some tax informations from Halshaug, but since the Halshaug/Haddeland/Saanum connection (also to Audnedal) is on my scedule to sort out, and you have given me the push to look into Hegbostad I think I have the informations to make some sort of conclution.I have allready done some digging and put to together some drafts for charts.If you could make a chart and a GedCom for this part of your family and send it to me (kfj@broadpark.no) you'll save me some work.I can't promise anything, because I may end up in dead ends because of lack of informations, but if my suspicion of Torbjørn Tust on Halshaug equal to Torbjørn Hegbostad is right, it leads to an old family in Audnedal going back to the thirtenth century - the Rødberg family.That is a long story, not to be taken here, something on the net is right,a lot of it is wrong.The reason I think you have an old lead is because Floge Seland has an old history back to early 1400, the same with Hegbostad, involving a lot of old families at Agder.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Larry Norstedt

Kristian This post is to inquire if you received my email of a week ago where I sent you the info you requested. My email address is fragra444@yahoo.com . Some spam blockers seem to block all yahoo addresses.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I did, recieve, and I sent you an answer, which you obviously didn't recieve. I have sorted out Vassland and Hegland and I assume that the connection to Hegbostad excist. I started that this evening. A couple of days.It came some other wanting help, wanting it last year, but I do everuthing after my scedule, I have ended giving exsact time scedules because I know it doesn't work.But this will work - you'll get some stuff within a week or so.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.