Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18656] riisdhal/risdhal/risdal gard/store

Gjest Jan Eliason
 Del

Gjest Jan Eliason

I am looking for information on the riisdhal farm also recorded as risdhal, risdal, and seen as risdal store. It is near Vigmostad, Vest Adger (Nordre Ondals). I am trying to trace my husband's familyPeder Torjesen ( shown as from Vigmostad)no dates (wife Anna Tostensdatter) no dates son: Elias Pedersen (born at Vigmostad from Risdhal) born June 28, 1820 (wife-Marteline Haaversdatter no dates) son: Peder Eliasen (born at Risdal Store)born August 01, 1849 by our records (according to Baptismal records Digitalarkivet 2 Peders first-born August 01, 1844, second born July 14, 1847) Peder Eliasen moved to Minnesota where he had one son Emil Eliason and four daughters. My husband is decended from Emil.I was hoping that you could help me make sense of this farm. As it appears in the 1865 census only. It doesn't seem to exist before or after the family were there. We are trying to see if we still have family in Norway, but are unable to ascertain what happened to the farm. We know that Peder Eliason and his sister Ingeborg left approximately 1870, we know that Elias Pedersen (the father) joined them at a later date and they lived in Minnesota. We do not know what happened to his wife. We have been told that only Anna and Elias Martin, and Ingeborg were alive as of the 1865 cencus. We don't know what happened to the rest of the family, so we thought if we traced the farm, it might help. I have been unable to go back any further than Elias Pedersen's baptism, to trace if Peder Torjesen also lived/farmed Risdal.Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

And I believe this must be the widow Anne Torstensdtr. in 1865. LenkeIf this is right Anne died at Vigmostad 01.02.1868 at the age of 84years. Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

In the 1900 census for 1028 Nordre Undal you find an Elias Torsen on the farm Vraalstaad (sømand, born 1862, Amerikansk borger). Maybe he is Elias Martin Eliassen (5 years old in the 1865-census), who might have chosen the surname Torsen after is grandfather. Barbara Lose

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Ole Eliassen Riisdal store died 23.12.1869 at the age of 18 - 'Ihielfrossen paa veien' = frozen to death on the way (Gravlagde i Vigmostad 1726-1942).In the same database you can see that Elias Pedersen also lost a baby daughter: Anna Eliasdatter Risdal died at the age of 16 weeks, 9.10.1851.Barbara Lose

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Sorry, in entry no. 6 I was completely wrong about the identity of Elias Martin Eliassen. I found Elias Torsen (aged 4) in the 1865-telling for Nordre Undal as son of Tore Tores. on the farm Vraalstad. B. Lose

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

It might be a blind shot , but one Elias Martin Eliassen emigrated from Kristiansand 25.03.1887.He was born 1860 and where going to Minnesota. Lenke Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen

Hello Jan! You see, a lot of helpers at this Forum. Here is Marthe Lena's death record in 1883: LenkeElias Pedersen probably emigrated some time after this. And we know the fate of all the children of Elias and Marthe (Ma)lene. Peder b.1847 emigrated, Hans b.1849, not in the 1865 Census, Ole b.1852, froze to death, Ingeborg b.1848 emigrated, Elias Martin b.1861 emigrated.But what about Anna b.1855, in her 11th year in 1865? Did she stay in Norway, and has she got descendants here? Best regards Åse Kr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

Could this be the emigration of Anna Eliassen? She was living in Lillesand at the time , but she was leaving for Minnesota.As you will see , a Martin Eliassen b.1860 was leaving at the same time. Lenke Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Elias Pedersen and Marte Haaversdatter had 9 children alltogether (Døpte i Vigmostad):1.) Peder - born 1.8.1844, died 23.1.1847 (aged 2 1(2)2.) Girl - born dead 27.1.18463.) Peder - born 14.7.18474.) Hans - born 23.3.1849, died 22.7.1867 (aged 18)5.) Anna - born 17.6.1851, died 9.10.1851 (16 weeks old)6.) Ole - born 3.9.1852, died 23.12.1869 (aged 18, frozen)7.) Anna - born 1.4.18558.) Ingeborg - born 15.12.18579.) Elias Martin - born 9.5.1861None of the children seem to have married in Vigmostad.Barbara Lose

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen

It looks like you have some distant relatives in that area (Vigmostad and Løland).Peder Torjussen and Anna Thostensdtr. had the following children:Torgie b.Apr.24th 1813, died as a widower in 1880. I havent checked his wife's name or if he had children.Tobias b.1815, died as a child.Tobias Pedersen b.Jun.24th 1817, married Rebecca Jacobsdtr. or Syvertsdtr. Had daughter Anna Tobiasdtr. b.1849, married Tollef Johnsen Abelseth in 1873, had at least 7 children between 1874 and 1882.Son Peder Tobiassen b.1859; I haven't looked for his marriage or children.Inger Maria Pedersdtr. b.Sep.2nd 1822, married Søren Jacobsen Løland in 1848. They had these children: Jacob Sørensen b.1849, Sisel Sørensdtr. b.1853, married her cousin Peder Knudsen b.1856, in 1880,Peder Sørensen Løland b.1856, married Anne Pedersdtr. Aagedalsstrand and had daughters Inger Marie b.1884, (died 1931, married 1906 to Jacob Thoresen Løland,) and Petra b.1896, married in 1915 to Andreas Pedersen Ougland. There might be more siblings whose children are your relatives.Thore Sørensen Løland b 1859, Ole Sørensen Løland b.1864 and Tobias Sørensen Løland b.1866.Elias Pedersen also had a sister Ingeborg b.Oct.6th 1828, married Knud Olsen Vigmostad in 1857. Their children are Tomine b.1853, Ole b.1854, Per (or Peder) b.1856 (married his cousin Sisel Sørensdtr.) Anna b.1857, Christian b.1859, Tobias b.1861, Samuel b.1863, and twins Ingeborg and Caroline b.1866. The mother died in their birth.Finally Elias had siblings Gunild and Ole, twins born 1826, both died in 1828.You can check all this info at Digitalarkivet. For information on relatives of today at Løland and Vigmostad you must ask that this info is sent to you via e-mail, not on this Forum.I hope someone in the area know some of your relatives and can get contact between you and your distant cousins. Best regards Åse Kr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Eliason

I apologize for not checking back to this site, I kept getting emails with no attachments and then realized I had to get back into the forum. I was very surprised to find so much information. Some of it new to me, some of which I had but could not put into perspective until it was laid out with your kind assistance. I sincerely appreciate all your help, especially to Ase for suggesting I enter this forum. Thank you also to Yngve,Rune, and Barbara. God Jule!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.