Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18696] Probate in Norfjord

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Could I please see the contents of the probate register for Ole Rasmusen Sæten, page 164, protocol 2a (1701-1703).I am trying to determine if he is the father of my 4th g-grandfather, Rasmus Olsen (b. abt 1739 at Sæten), married in 1770 to Anna Magnesdatter. I am hoping that the probate register also mentions Ole's widow's name...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I reread my post and now I realize it is impossible that this man is the father of Rasmus Olsen Sæten b. ca 1739. I do see a Rasmus Olsen at Sæten in 1701, age 20, but he is too old.I apologize for the confusion.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

For those who are still interested in Ole Rasmusen Sæten's family:According to the probate, dated May 22, 1702, he left widow Dorethe Colbensdtr and two daughters, Anne and Mari. Dorethe's guardian was Bendix Colbensen Bøedal (topic 18014).Helsing, Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I appreciate your response, Barbara. You don't happen to have any information about Rasmus Olsen Sæten, b. ca 1739, married to Anna Magnesdatter Loen in 1770, died at Loen in 1805? The marriage record states that Rasmus was from Sæten, but that is all I know. I have posted a similar query on the User's Forum. If you have any information, perhaps you could reply to me there? I will appreciate any assistance.Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bergesen

Ole Rasmussen Sæten was married to Dorthe Colbeinsdtr.(Bødal), and then she married again to Lars Sjursen Sæten, they died in 1729? you will find them in the probate register page 229-6-1727-31. There son Ole Larsen Sæten married to Magnhild Aamundsdtr. They have a son name Lars Olsen Sæten, he was a godfather to the first son named Hans in 1770, of Rasmus Olsen Loen, and Lars Olsen was a godfather to Rasmus Olsen first son Ole in 1766. I think that Ole Larsen Sæten is the father of thos two sons, yours Ole and Lars Olsen Sæten. There is no probate register after Ole Larsen and hus wife Magnhild. He died 77 years old in 1783 and she 73 years old in 1768, they get the farm in 1733.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Rune, for this information. It certainly makes sense.I thought it was possible Rasmus was the son of Ole Rasmusen Sæten and Marthe Larsdatter. I saw that they had four children between 1751-1759, including a son, Rasmus, born in 1751. But the birth year was just too far off. I am glad that you have given me another more reasonable alternative!Thanks again...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.