Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18697] Rasmus Olsen Sæten

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am looking for the ancestors of my 4th g-grandfather, Rasmus Olsen Sæten. He was born about 1739, married Anna Magnesdatter Loen in 1770, and died at Loen in 1805.I have found a possible probate record at Loen -- Ole Rasmussen 1766-1770 (page 250b, protocol 15a). But I have no way to verify that he moved from Sæten to Loen, so I don't know if it is even logical, that this man may be the father of Rasmus.I would appreciate any assistance...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Rasmus Olsen Sæten seems to be the son of Ole Rasmussen Sæten who died 70 y.o. 1797 at Sæten and his wife Brite Lassedtr, born Oppheim. Brite died 70 y.o. 1801. If I'm right this is the probate of Brite: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Tor!I will see if I can get a look at that probate record, to be sure.As always, you are so much help!Helsing, Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have checked out the possibility of Ole Rasmussen and Brithe Lassesdatter. What I found was very confusing. Is it possible that there were two women named Brithe Lassesdatter Opheim? Because I can't explain what I found.First, Brithe Lassesd. Opheim married Rasmus Pedersen Sæten 11 Jun 1769. She had five children with Rasmus (1770-1779). Rasmus died in either 1786 or 1787 (there are two records). Then, Brithe married Halkield Lassesen Sæten on 24 Jun 1787. They are shown at Sæten in 1801. The census shows that this is Brithe's second marriage.Then, there is another marriage record -- Ole Rasmussen Sætren (Ungk.) married Birthe Lassesd. Opheim (pige) on 13 May 1781.In any event, all of these marriages occured well after the birth of Rasmus Olsen Sæten (abt 1739).Regarding that burial record for Ole Rasmussen Sæten in 1797 -- I believe he is not the husband of the Brithe Lassesd. (who died in 1801). But he may be the widower of Marthe Larsdatter. Ole Rasmussen and Marthe Larsdatter had four children at Sæten between 1751-1759. They even had a son Rasmus, born 1751. They must have married before 1750, because I cannot find their marriage record. Martha died in 1783 at the age of 71.The burial record for Rasmus Olsen states that he died in 1805 at the age of 66. That's where I got his approximate birth year. Is it possible that his age is off by over ten years? That seems like too big a difference.I hope someone can help me make some sense of this...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Patricia,I regret that I cannot contribute to the solution of your problem. I just want to give you the link to a homepage which I happened to find via Google: Lenke. Especially the links Bygdeskildring and Bygdeboka are very interesting. In case you don't read Norwegian you will at least find some detailed maps and photographs.'Sjurebruket-etterslekt' is mainly about the farm Loen. It becomes evident how common the names Ole Rasmussen and Rasmus Olsen have been in that part of Nordfjord - which may now lead to much confusion.Helsing Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Barbara, for this link. Actually, I have been to this site before, but did not explore it fully until now. There is a lot of information. Unfortunately, I do not read Norwegian well at all, but with a liitle time and my dictionary, I can make out some things. The focus of the site seems to be Loen gard -- but I do have some ancestors who came from there, so I'm sure it will be useful.Rune Bergesen has posted to me on the Archive Forum with some information about Rasmus Olsen Sæten. So, now I have much more than when I started.Thanks again...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.