Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#18855] Anne Sofie Pettersdatter Nykvist, b. 1821, Eidsvoll - d. 15.01.1875 Kongsberg

Gjest Robert L. Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

I am seeking information on my gggrandmother Anne Sofie Pettersdatter Nykvist or her parents. Her father was Petter Nykvist and may have emigrated from Sweden to Eidsvold and then to Froland, Aust-Agder. Anne married Jørgen Thorsen in Froland and died 1875 in Kongsberg.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trond Lunde

You will find them in 1865-census at Kongsberg adress Gamlegrænden:Jørgen Thoresen Husfader g Hammersmed 1818 Froland Prgj. Anne Sophie Pedersdatter hans Kone g 1820 Froland Prgj. Thomine Marine Jørgensdatter hans Datter ug 1846 Froland Prgj. Karen Andrea Jørgensdatter hans Datter ug 1850 Kongsberg Peter Martin Jørgensen hans Søn ug 1852 Kongsberg Josephine Sophie Gustavine Jørgensdatter hans Datter ug 1859 KongsbergIn Eidsvoll kommunikantbok 1 (1820-34) Peter Nyqvist, Eidsvoll verk is mentioned 9 July 1820.I have no other info on him in Eidsvoll

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thank you Tronde. I'm not sure about the information from the Eidsvoll kommunikantbok. What is this publication and what happened on 9 July 1820? Are there other Nyqvists mentioned?Hilsen, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 måneder senere...
Gjest Trond Lunde

smith Jonas Nyqvist at Eidsvoll Verk and Kristine Eriksdatters daughter Berte was born 13 May and baptized 22 May 1809.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Thank you Trond! This is wonderful news that there is another Nyqvist in Eidsvoll early in the 19th century. Jonas Nyqvist may be a brother or relative of Petter Nyqvist. Does the word 'smith' refer to his occupation? He was probably a worker in the Eidsvoll mines.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Very interesting. Is it possible that there is more information about other Nyqvists in the documents you have? Where did you find this record? I suspect that the Nyqvists came from Sweden, but have been unable to trace their home village or farm.Hilsen,Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Trond Lunde

I have this information from Wilhelm Lassen. The parish records for Eidsvoll got lost in 1877 because of fire. In the 1850s Lassen did some notes from them. I was interested in special names, 'nobility' or foreign names, such as Nyqvist.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 år senere...
Gjest Trond Øivindsson Lunde

Marriage no. 15, in Froland 1 October 1843 [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=800&idx_id=800&uid=ny&idx_side=-146>Lenke It says she was born on Eidsvoll verk 13 May 1821Confirmation 18 October 1835, no 9: Lenke Peter Nyqvist '6te Søndag efter Trinitatis', 9 July 1820 LenkePeter Nyqvist, age 74, died 21 August 1842, no. 34

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Hei Trond, Is it possible to tell from the confirmation record whether she was vaccinated in Eidsvoll or Froland? The date appears to be 16 Jun 1822. This would help me establish when they arrive in Froland or at least leave Eidsvoll.Hilsen, Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 måneder senere...
  • 1 år senere...

I have found Petter in the parish record for Sillerud, Värmland. He moved to Norway in July 1807, togheter with Anders Olsson Silstrøm who also came to Eidsvoll. Petters profession was hammersmeddmester AD Online. Sillerud C 9, 1797-1822, page 223In the Sillerud census 1807-13 (page 347) they lived at Karlsfors bruk It says Petter born 1770, wife Anna Varnberg 1764, children: Johannes 1797, Stina 1793, Johanna 1794, Anna Cajsa 1800 and Gustaf 1804. All moved to Norway 1807

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The census for Sillerud 1793-1800 says Peter was born in Elgå, Arvika parish 1770 and Anna in Gunnarskog parish 1764

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Bingefors

In the Smith CD from Sweden I see that Robert has contributed some data on the Nuqvists. There is also information about Anne Sofie Nyqvist born 13 May 1821. Mother unknown.There are several Jonas Nyqvist among the smiths. One likely candidate may be Jonas born 1777 in Snarkil, Sillerud. Parents: Lars Nyqvist and Maria Jonasdotter Nyberg. Unfortunately, there are no estate inventories for the family where we can check the whereabouts of Jonas, the father died in 1813.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Elgå (Âlgå) parish record C 4, 1748-1793, page 132. Peter, born 11th and baptised 13th July 1769. Parents Gustav Jonasson Nyqvist and Katrina Jonsdotter

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.