Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19026] Kristiansand, Kristine Hansen, Born 1861, Emigrated August 1882

Gjest Dick Norland
 Del

Gjest Dick Norland

I am looking for the names of the parents of the Kristine Hansen that emigrated from Kristiansand in August 1882. Her parents may have been German merchants that lived and worked in Kristiansand during the period of 1877 through 1882. Would church records be available from the Kristiansand area registering her departure? The digital archives list her residence as Kristiansand on the emigrants list. Her parents stayed in Norway. Mange takk.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

I suppose this is the emigration you are referring to [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=KRISTUT&variabel=0&postnr=4225&fulle=true&spraak=e>LenkeBased on the files at DA you can not deduct that she left in August. It seems like the registrations in 1882 after mid June have lost month and day.Her name is so norwegian that it is no reason to think that she have german parents unless you have their names.The only candidate in Kristiansand in FT 1865 seems to be

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

The emigration entry is correct. I know that she left in August 1882 because I have a copy of the page of her emigration from the Emigrant museum at Stavanger and that she arrived at Iowa to be married in September 1882. Where can church records be found for Kristiansand? Were there any census taken from 1877 through 1882 in Kristiansand?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

Some relatives thought Kristine's name may have been Kristine Ludvig and that she changed it to Hanson when she left for America. Her father may have been named hans Ludvig. Can anyone verify a Hans Ludvig living at Kristiansand at 1887 through 1881? She used Kristine Hanson on the emigration papers.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.