Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19069] Svend Nilson, Alesund, School master, wife Martha Sophie,

Gjest Dick Norland
 Del

Gjest Dick Norland

Svend Nilson lived at Alesund in 1900 with his wife, Martha Sophie. Can anyone tell me when he married? When did Svend and Martha Sophie die? Svend was from the Strand parish, Tau, Norway and was born in 1849. Can anyone tell me what day he was born as well as when his sister Inger Maria(born 1853) was born? Can you tell me what day his parents Nils Johanneson(Died 1880) and Magla Olsdatter(died 1877) died? Tusen takk.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

Svend Nilson would have used Norland as his last name. Does anyone have any information on Svend N. Norland who was from the Strand parish, and lived at Alesund in his later years? Mange takk.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Jonson Dale

Sven Norland was employed as a teacher at Ålesund grammar school 1880, and from 1881 he was a teacher at the socalled ''betalingsskolen'' (i.e the parents had to pay for the children attending this school). Not later than 1906 he was headmaster of Klipra grammar school in Ålesund. This according to Kristian Bugge: Aalesunds Historie II (1923), in which book there is a portrait of the headmaster and also a picture of him surrounded by 7 female teachers in Klipra school.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Big family?INGER NILSEN, female, birth: 25 MAR 1835 [url="http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/igi/individual_record.asp?recid=500222842990&lds=1&region=12&regionfriendly=&juris1=&juris2=&juris3=&juris4=&regionfriendly=&juris1friendly=&juris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=>LenkeOLE NILSEN, male, birth: 15 NOV 1836 LenkeJOHANNES NILSEN, male, birth: 26 SEP 1839 LenkeENOK NILSEN, male, birth: 11 FEB 1842 LenkeRAGNILD NILSEN, female, birth: 16 FEB 1844 LenkeNIELS NILSEN, male, birth: 13 JAN 1847 LenkeINGER MARIA NILSEN, female, birth: 27 FEB 1853 LenkeBERTHA NILSEN, female, birth: 14 OCT 1855 LenkeALBRETH NILSEN, male, birth: 18 SEP 1858

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

Mange takk for all of the good information. I would enjoy seeing that photo from 1923. Does anyone know when Svend and his wife died? Or when the parents of Svend died? Is there any other information available on Enok Norland? What happened to him after he married? The bygdabok showed that he was a sailor and that he emigrated to America. Is there any proof that he really emigrated? Thank you for any help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

This must be the record of Enok emigrating in 1868. Last name is wrong, but birth date and -place is correct. LenkeThe 'Emigrants from Stavanger 1825-1970' is a re-construced list of records, and are not complete. The original records was destroyed in a fire, and has been rebuild based on different sources.Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Jonson Dale

I have scanned the portrait of Sven Norland and will publish it in this forum as Sven Norland - Portrait. The quality is poor due to the bad clichés used in the book.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

Jan, That looks correct on Enok's emigration. Do you have a more specific date on when Enok left or any idea on where he might have gone to? Thank you for your efforts.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Hi, this must be him:No. 267, Enok Olsen, 24 yr, male, Passenger on the frigate Hiram, leaving Stavanger May 8 1868, arriving Quebec June 22 1868. LenkeJan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dick Norland

Mange takk for the emigration information. Does anyone know when Svend N. Norland and his wife may have died at Alesund? Thanks for the help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Solås

Maybe this is 'your' Enok Nilsen in the 1880-Census?Enock NELSON MaleOther Information: Birth Year Birthplace NOR Age 38 Occupation Making R. R. Ties Marital Status S Race W Head of Household John BERRY Relation Other Father's Birthplace NOR Mother's Birthplace NOR-------------------------- Source Information: Census Place Noyo, Mendocino, California Family History Library Film 1254068 NA Film Number T9-0068 Page Number 270A

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.