Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19128] Where is Clemesdal in Tranby parish?

Gjest Chris Nilsen
 Del

Gjest Chris Nilsen

I have found some ancestors in the 1801 census from Clemesdal in the Tranby parish.I have searched 3 online map sites (visveg.no, multimap.com, hvor.no) but couldn't find this farm.Can anybody tell me exactly where it is in Tranby?Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

Hello Chris. Klemmetsdal in on the road south of Tranby. If you go back to the map visveg.no and search for Klemmetsdal in the field called Stedsnavn and print Lier in the field for Kommune you will find it. Use the searchform Søk etter stedsnavn.I have lived a good part of my life on Tranby so I hope you find it now.Lars

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Nilsen

Dear Lars,Thank you for your reply.I have found it on 'visveg' now.As you live in Tranby are you able to help me with any other parts of my family history research in Lier?I have had much success so far but need access to church books to find more information.Are you able to help me?Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Nilsen

Hi Lars,Yes, I have heard of the bygdebooks but I understand they are only printed in Norwegian and I only speak English.There are about 6 farms where I have found ancestors. Lian, Frogner, Tranby to name a few.I have found many of the birth and marriage records of my ancestors but not their deaths yet.I would like to search the churchbooks but this would take alot of time for me.Are you able to search a churchbook for me?Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.