Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19239] Confirmation of the birth of grandfather Ole Christian Olsen born on 26/09/1891

Gjest Keith Fredrik Olsen
 Del

Gjest Keith Fredrik Olsen

I have previously attempted to trace family attempted to trace family in Norway, but to no avail.The information I have on my grandparents are as follows:Grandfather: Name: Ole Christian Olsen Born: 26/09/1891 Deceased: 20/11/1961 in South AfricaGrandmother: Name: Frida Gustava Olsen (Maiden Name- Guthormsen) Born: 02/09/1894They had three children: Frida, Rita and Ole Christian my father, my parents were divorced at while I was still young and have not seen my father for many a year.My grandfather was a Captain on one of the former Thesen's Shipping Co ships, operating out of South Africa. I am in possession of a postcard from family in Norway, a certain aunt Ebba which was posted in Tonsberg in December 1959 the year of my birth. I assumed that I should have family in this town and came accross the company Olsen Nauen Klokkestoperi As in Tonsberg. I e-mailed the company but as yet have received no reply.The founder members of this company were all Ole Olsen or Ole Christian Olsen, their e-mail address is olechr@klokkestoperi.no.Are you able to be of any assistance or at least point me in the right direction.I have been in contact with Yngne Nedrebø who has assisted in locating my Grandmother in the census of 1900. She was living in Tønsberg at the time. He also traced an Ole Kristian (Christian) Olsen in the same census, but the date of birth is given as 1892. He however indicated that in all likelihood this will be the same person.I need assistance to actually confirm this, as I would dearly like to trace family in Norway. Thanks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I am not sure if you want to find ancestors or living persons of to-day, but here are som ancestors:Frida Gustava Guttormsen born 1894 in Kragerø (Telemark). Her parents were Fredrik Gustav Guttormsen (a ships captain) bapt. 21.08.1859 in Stokke (Vestfold), and Gustava born 1867 in Svinør (Vest-Agder).Fredrik was the son of Guttorm Olsen, who was 44 years in 1865 and born in Lardal (Vestfold). In 1865 he was the owner of the farm Vestgaarden in Stokke. He was married 4.5.1846 in Nøtterøy (Vestfold) to Marthe Andrea Andersdatter. She was 47 years in 1865 and born in Nøtterø.Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

When I take a closer look at the heading, I see that you are most interested in Ole Christian Olsen, but I will just add a little to the ancestors of Frida:Guttorm Olsen born 17.01.1821, bapt 21.01.1821 Svarstad (Lardal). Parents Ole Jørgensen and Gunnild Borgersdatter. They married 27.12.1818 in Svarstad - he was then 35 years and she was 24.Marthe Andrea Andersen bapt 17.09.1819 Nøtterøy. Parents were Anders Rasmusen and Margrethe Ingebrethsdtr. He was a widower, 60 years old when he married Margrethe 7.5.1816 Nøtterø, and he was living in Kragerø (Telemark). Margrethe was 23 years old and living at Bugaarden, Nøtterøy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Anders Rasmussen was *not* living in Kragerø, Telemark, but at the farm Kragerøe (Kråkere) in Tjøme. Tjøme was part of Nøtterøy parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Takk, Ketil.Here is a candidate [url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f00705&variabel=0&postnr=7285&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeThis Ole Kristian Olsen is born around 1892 and living in Tønsberg the year 1900, and his parents were from Østfold. Frida and her family were registered in Tønsberg in 1900, but they were for the time beeing living in Fredrikstad (Østfold).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

He is living in Sandefjord in 1900, but the pensioned sea pilot Ole Christian Olsen born 18.09.1820 in Nøtterø is perhaps his grandfather? He is a widower. Josefine olsen is a widow too, born 10.09.1867 Nøtterø and perhaps his mother?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Josefine is his mother, I think. It says 'son' on the line under Josefine in the census. Josefine must be the one born 11.09.1867 Nøtterøy, bapt 19.09. Parents: Seaman Ole Iversen Kjønnerød and Anne Mathea Olsdatter. Married 21.04.1854 Nøtterøy. You will find them here in 1865: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Keith  Fredrik Olsen

Thanks Arnstein, I appreciate your assistance. It would be interesting to see if my grandfather had any brothers or sisters, but I assume that at the age of 80 in 1900 it would be unlikely that his father would have have been interested in extending the family. I was wondering where the grandaunt Ebba comes from on the postcard that I have, although my grandmother had a sister Emma. Would ther be any parish records available after 1900. Thanks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Josefine married Henrik Olsen in 1889. He was a 'styrmann' (mate), born 1865 in Tjøme. They lived in Sandefjord, later in Oslo. Source: Nøtterøy bygdebok (Sigurd Unneberg, 1971)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Yes - Ole Christian (the olde sea-pilot) is the grandfather in 1900. You can find Nicoline baptized - and her parents - in FamiliySearch.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Keith Olsen

Hi Ketil and Arnstein These two sources you refer to ie Nøtterøy bygdebok and the Family Search, are they available on the web. If so I hope not Norwegian then I am a bit lost. Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Nøtterøy bygdebok from 1971 is not available on the web. However, the old bygdebok from 1920 is available here:[url="http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/>http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/It contains information up to about 1870.Family Search is the LDS (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) web site with millions of names, but the quality is very variable.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.