Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19348] Erik Eriksen Rasten + Berntina Michalsdr., marriage, in Askim, Ostvold?

Gjest JAMES THOMPSON
 Del

Gjest JAMES THOMPSON

I am searching for the marriage record of my grandparents, Erik Rasten and Berntina Michalsdr. The 1900 census shows Erik and Berntina living in Askim, Ostvold. There are apparently no marriage records in Askim (none in LDS records).Would the National Archives have them?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Harbek

They are here Lenke in the 1900 census I guess. Do you know that they did marry in Askim? Her birthplace Trondenes in Troms might else be a possibility. By the way - in the census she is called Nils(datter), not Michalsd(atte)r. Do you know which is correct?I cannot give you advice how to find the records in the easiest way, but answers to these questions may make it easier for others to help you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Berntine Marie Michaelsdatter bapt 17.07.1870 Trondenes. Parents: Michael Andreas Nilsen and Johanne Hansdatter (she has her fathers name Nilsen in the 1900-census, I think). From FamilySearch.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Harbek

The link in (4) matches the names mentioned in (1), but I am confused about the age of the persons. They can hardly be your grandparents, James, if they are born in the 1830-ies? And you say they have connection to Askim, like the ones in the link in (2). I leave this for you to sort out, so far.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Hi folks, I believe you are overlooking one important point here! James is asking for the MARRIAGE RECORD of Erik and Berntina. The link in (2) is correct, but you cannot cross-check anything against FamilySearch, because all the information you'll find there is in fact SUBMITTED by the same James Thompson! (Erik Eriksen Nystumoen b 1873 in Brøttum, Berntina Michaelsdatter b 1870 in Trondenes, and their offspring in Minneapolis.) But if you could find their marriage documentation I believe you would make Jim happy. He writes (in FamilySearch) that they are 'married 20th of May 1900 in Norway.' To you James: you ought to be more precise about what you already know, and about exactly what you want in terms of the help of others. If the information you have already submitted to FS should happen to be in doubt, then it would be very helpful to let us know (not to say get it out of the FS records.) But I don't believe that to be the problem in this case. Correct me if I am wrong. /phc

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Per Håkon: Kan ikke si at jeg overså 'the point', men Ketil forsøkte å få fastslått hvilken familie det egentlig dreide seg om, og jeg la inn opplysninger fra FS for å sannsynliggjøre at han antakelig hadde funnet den rette. At opplysningene var lagt inn i FS av spørsmålsstilleren, burde jo ikke gjøre dem mindre troverdige (selv om jeg må tilstå at det faktum har gått meg hus forbi).Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

...kan forresten ikke se at det er spørsmålsstilleren som har lagt inn opplysningene om Berntines dåp i Trondenes...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Hei Arnstein. Du har rett i at det er en bidragsyter til her. Det er James som, ved ikke å gjøre klart fra begynnelsen av hva han allerede vet, får gode hjelpere som deg og Ketil til å legge sjela si i å finne opplysninger som han allerede har. I innlegg 19323 (Knapeadel), stiller Tore Vigerust noen betimelige spørsmål om bruken av nett-opplysninger (se fra og med bidrag 15.) Det er en betydelig risiko for at opplysningsdansen bare går rundt og rundt på nettet: at vi bekrefter A ved hjelp av B på nettet, og B ved noe som A har bidratt med. Vi har vel mange ganger anmodet folk om å legge fram ALT de vet når de ber om hjelp, slik at vi ikke driver med unødvendig dobbeltarbeid. Det var DET som var mitt anliggende her.To James: I ask you and others kindly to make clear what validated information you already have, so that people don't do a lot of unneccessary double work. That is what the last part of this discussion (in Norwegian) is about.And now again: could someone perhaps find the marriage between Erik Rasten and Bertina Michalsdatter?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.