Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19349] Parents of Lars Hatvig Larsen , Lier, Buskerud, Norway

Gjest Catherine Larsen
 Del

Gjest Catherine Larsen

I found Lars in the 1900 census for Drammen.He was born in Frogner Sogn Lier in 1883. I am now trying to find out about his parents Lars Larsen and Berthe Andrea Larsen. Can anyone help or tell me where to look next. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you Catherine Larsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

From the churchbook for Lier: Born 10/9 bapt. 21/10 1883 Frogner, parents carpenter Lars Larsen b.1861 and wife Berte Andrea Hermansen b.1860, Ytre Justad.Married 8/7 1883 Frogner batch. and carpenter Lars Larsen, adr.Drammen, born Fåberg prestegjeld 1862, konf. Bragernes 1877 and father husmann Lars Larsen and the girl Berthe Andrea Hermansdt., born 1860 at Justad farm, conf. 25/4 1875, father gårdbr. (farmer) Herman Andersen. Best men Lars Larsen and husmann Anders Justad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Hi Ketil thank you for the link,now I have figured out how to work backward in the census. may I ask another question, I would like to find out when and how Berthe Andrea became a widow. Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Frank Rønning

Justad Jeg hadde et innlegg før jul vedr. min oldefar, født i Frogner, Lier, 1829. Han kom fra Justad der han var omtalt som selveier. Vi har på en måte sammenfallende stedsnavn. Er det noen som vet mer om gården Justad, Frogner i Lier? M.v.h. Frank

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Hei Catherine.If you click on the link in (7)you will find Bygdebok for Lier. Then gårdsregister. Look for Ytre Justad (end of page). Under Brukere you will find Bnr. 6 og 7 Solspillet. Herman Andersen Egge, married to Karen Helene Andersdt. Justad(see above) ......Egge is a farm in Lier.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Nilsen

Dear Catherine,As you can see I live in Australia but I have been tracing my Norwegian ancestors for some time now and so may be able to help.I found on the IGI (www.familysearch.org):Lars Larsen married Berthe Andrea Olsdatter in Lier on 20th April 1877 (batch no. M428586).This is most likely to be their marriage.This would mean that Berthe's father's name was Ols.Hope this helps.Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Hi Berit I followed the link to Justad farm and I am trying to read it with the aid of a Norwegian-American dictionary, hard work but fun! Did Anders take out a loan of 212 risbankdaler or did he pay off a loan? Lars Hartvig Larsen was my son's great grandfather. He died in Philadelphia in 1938 so I never knew him but I did meet his wife Anna Prunkl ( which is another mystery,she was German Hungarian) and his eldest. son Lars Ferdinand (who was born in Austria 1907 on the way to America). Anna was a very old lady when I met her and she told me she was born in a place called Chander hauser and that her husband came from Drammen, was born in 1883 and his mother;s name was Andrea.She said he was the 17th Lars Larsen.I wish I had asked her more at the time but I was a young mother then and I was not thinking about family history.I have two sons and six grandsons and I am trying to give them their history. I thought I would be able to find Lars Larsen in the 1865 census since you gave me his birth year butI could not find him in Drammen or Lier.Is Faberg parish in another town? Sorry this is so long. Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Hello Chris The Lars Larsen you found is not the right one because his father's name was Lars Helgesen. The father of the one I am looking for was also named Lars Larsen. I thank you for trying and I wish you well in your own searches. This is a wonderful site,everyone is so friendly, I have learned more in two days than I learned in three years. Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Catherine! In the 1865 census you can find Lars and his parents (and siblings) at Galterud farm, Faaberg parish, Oppland county.Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Hei Catherine.It was a loan.Familysearch: (FS)Herman Andersen Egge (25 y, father Anders Helgesen) was married 18/4 1848 to Karen Helene Andesdatter (29y., father Anders Kristensen/Christensen ).Anders Christensen Ask was married in 1813 to Larine Nilsdt. Justad. (1793-1868)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine larsen

Hi Kjell, thank you, I looked at the census and I think I found them.The entry number is 567 and it is Lars Larsen and Johanne Kristoffersdatter with children Kristian, Lars and Anne. Is this the correct one and if it is can I find out more about the farm Galtrud somewhere? Thank you again, Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine larsen

Hi Berit, with all this help I am doing much better than I expected. I now have Lars parents and grandparents, Andrea's parents and information about one of the farms,amazing! Is there a way to find out when Lars Harvig left Norway. Ellis Island records show him arriving in New York January 26th 1908 But it also says he was in America in 1903 and 1907. Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Catherine!I haven't looked into it, but I'm sure you can find more about the family at Galtrud through the link below:http://www.opa.no/maihaugen/Under 'Kilder' (sources) you choose 'Kirkebøker' and, for Fåberg, the time window you'll interested in is reasonable well covered by searchable transcripted records.My experience with this database is that it's a bit picky with respect to how it responds to the search criteria, but a little bit of twisting and turning will show you how it works.Regards Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Correction!!!You have to look under 'Databaser' (not 'Kilder') to find the transcripted church records for Fåberg!Kjell H

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Catherine! Lars Larsen and Johanne Christophersdatter Galterud were not married in Fåberg, but in Romedal (Hedmark county) were Johanne Christophersdatter came from. Date: December 7, 1858, according to familysearch/IGI.Kjell H

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Catherine Larsen

Hi Berit, I don't think this is the right one but I found another in the Ellis Islands records. The name age and typegraf are right. The ship was the Germanic left April 1901 from Liverpool to New York. The residence says Hansen but on the manifest it looks more like Hamar. I think Hamar was near where Lars's greatgrandmother was from. According to the manifest of the ship in 1908 Lars was here in 1903 and 1907. Could a young Norwegian in those days could have afforded more than one trip to America do you think? Catherine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.