Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19402] Unable to locate any records for Eliasen-Larvik

Gjest Donna Eliasen Bardos
 Del

Gjest Donna Eliasen Bardos

My Great Grandfather Anton Eliasen (birthrate unknown- (married to Louise last name unknown, however she was born in 1856). Anton Eliasen was a ship builder and whaler living in or near Larvik. Louise was employed as a nurse and traveled a lot in her job. She died in 1935. Their son, my Grandfather, Marinius Eliasen was born in 1893 also near or in Larvik he was a Sailor, sail maker, rigger and whaler. He moved to the Detroit area in Michigan USA in approximately 1912 and worked in the states as a sail maker and rigger.I have been unable to locate any records on any of the members of the Eliasen family so far. Need help please.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

If this is the right Anton, they lived in Rekkevik, Tjølling, just outside Larvik (eastern side of the river Lågen (Numedalslågen). That is where the boat-building were done. FamilySearch says: Anton Mauritz Eliasen bapt. 29.06.1845 Tjølling. Parents: Elias Sørensen (61 years in 1865 and born in Brevik) and Inger Andreasdatter (60 years in 1865 and born in Larvik).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Sorry - I said Rekkevik, but the census says Østre Halsen (Rekkevik is a part of Østre Halsen). Anton is sawing (timber?) and his father is a shoemaker.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

This Anton Mauritz Eliasen was married 1. in 1868 to Anne Elise Olsdatter. 2. in 1891 to Bertine Hansdatter and 3. in 1894 to Marie Fritzine Abrahamsen LenkeNo Louise here - sorry.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I think I have solved this one. I think that Tor (2) have found the right Marinius. He is in 1900 an eight years old 'fostersønn'. That means that he was raised by others than his parents. It is said that his raising was paid for by 'høvleriformand'. I have found Anton Eliasen 'høvleriformand' here: Lenke He is still married to his 3. wife. I do not think that he married Louise, but had Marinius between his marriages. 'Høvleriformand' means 'the forman of the bordplanery'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

The 1865-census shows that the parents of Anton were Elias Sørensen 61 years born in Brevik and Inger Andreasdatter 60 years and born in Larvik. They were married in Langestrand, Larvik, 26.12.1829. It says Inger ANDREA (FamilySearch). He is 24 years and must be born 1804 or 1805. She is 22.Enger Andrea Andreasdatter bapt. 28.03.1807 Langestrand, Larvik. Parents were Andreas Petersen Rundquist and Enger Olsdatter. You will find them here in 1801: Lenke Andreas is a (black?)smith (there was an ironworks at Langestrand). I think he is a Suede.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Donna!Tjølling church register, tell us, Marinius Eliassen, born sept. 09- 1893 and christening okt. 08 – 1893, as a illegitimate child of Anton Mauritz Eliassen, b. 1845 and Louise Amalie Olausd. b. 1863. Both from Ø. Halsen. a suburb to Larvik.Kjell

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Good! I had a look into 'Tjølling bygdebok'. Anton was working at Hølen Dampsag (steam sawmill). In his first marriage he had 5 children. One of them Carl Johan b 1880 lived in USA. In his second none children. In his third 2 children. One of them was Arnulf Eliasen born 1901 - went to USA.It is said that Elias Sørensen (Anton's father) was the steph-son of Anders A. Vigeland b 1778, who was a master of shipbuilding at Hølen (Østre Halsen). He was married to Maren Jørgensdatter and had 5 children with her in the period 1812-1820, then he moved to Brevik (Telemark) in 1824. Anders Vigeland and Maren Jørgensdatter married 23.11.1811, Solum (Telemark). I do not know if this is Elias's mother.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

...I forgot; 'Tjølling bygdebok': Antons 1. wife died 1889, 2. wife died 1891 (he married again in 1894, so he was not married when he had Marinius).Elias Sørensen dead 1874.Inger Andreasdatter dead 1890.Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I should have stopped long time ago, but this is fun! I will stop now: Here is Lovise in 1865. Lenke Her father is from Sweden (a ships carpenter). Her mother from Hedrum (by Larvik).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.