Gå til innhold
Arkivverket
Gjest Jeff Erickson

[#19420] Karen Simonsdtr , Hedrum 1775

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Karen Simonsdatter married Jacob Larsen from br. nr.1 Nordkvelde Mellem on 27 Aug 1797. They later lived at Nord-Moen u/ Rimstad. I understand she was from Gnome Mellem but am unable to find a reference to a Simon there. The churchbook shows she was christened 15 Jan 1775 at Qvelle. The fathers farm is M:Jone. Who was her father Simon?. Is M:Jone Gjnome Mellem? Who was her mother?

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

M: Jone is Gjone Mellem.Karen's parents apparently lived only a short time at Gjone Mellem (Karen is the only child of any Simen or Simon at Gjone 1751-77), and the Hedrum bygdebok doesn't mention them.A search among married couples in Hedrum reveals that a Simen/Simon Jonsen married a Helvig Sørensdatter Oct 4th 1772. This couple later lived at Todal, a place under Hustuft (Hedrum bygdebok, p. 886), where Simen died 1795, 42 years old. The book says that Helvig Sørensdatter was from Gjone Søndre (Hedrum bygdebok p. 793). Karen is not mentioned among their children, but I guess the book hasn't realised that they had lived at Gjone Mellem earlier.The bygdebok doesn't know the origin of Simen Jonsen, but his name-combination makes it likely to believe that he is the same as Simon, child of Jon Simonsen at 'Wesbye' (i.e. Vestby) in the ekstraskatt 1762.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider
Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you Kristian. Family search also shows Simon as being from Vestby

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på andre sider

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive