Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19435] Mathias Mathiasen , Steinsholt Lardal 1811

Gjest Jeff Erickson
 Del

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Mathias Mathiasen married Olea Engebretsdt (Nordkvelde Mellem Br nr 6) in 1837. They lived at Broen u/Reinemo. I believe Mathias came from Steinsholt , Lardal born about 1811. Is this correct? When was he born, Who were his parents? Is there a reference in the Lardal bygdebok?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Mathias is my gggg-grandfather.When Mathias and Olea marries, his father's name is given as Mathias Nilsen. Also, when he moved to Hedrum, the churchbook says he came from Steinsholt in Lardal.Unfortunately, this is a branch of my family-tree that I have not had the time to trace further back. However, I know that Lardal bygdebok mentiones a Mathias Nilsen at Steinsholt with a son Mathias born app. 1810, so this is probably the right persons.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you Kristian. Does it follow that Olea was your gggg- grandmother and therefore her grandfather Ole Engebrethsen was your gggggg-grandfather.Ole Engebrethsen was my gggg-grandfather.How far have you managed to trace Ole Engebretsen's ancestorsIs there some connection with the farm Steinsholt in Lardal and the Steinsholt in Hedrum

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

'Norsk stedsfortegnelse' shows:Stensholt in Hedrum and Steinsholt in Lardal.Steinsholt in Brunlanes, Steinsholt in Sandefjord, Steinsholt (or Stensholt) in Stokke.And a farm Steinsholt or Stensholt in Skien (Telemark).Mh Arnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Steinsholt is a relatively common farmname, at least in Vestfold. It is a combination of the male name Stein and the word 'holt', which means 'group of trees'. 'stein' is also norwegian for 'stone', so that is also a possibility. There is therefore no connection between farms by the name of Steinsholt; they just happen to have the same name, so to speak.Yes, Olea is my gggg-grandmother. I haven't worked with the ancestors of Ole Engebretsen, so I know nothing which isn't to be found in the bygdebooks. It may be a project for the future, but till then I guess you know as much as me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Kristian, The information I have gathered can be found on my homepage at www.adam.com.au/ericj. I have quoted the sources where I know them. I have to thank you and the others here in Digitalarkivet forum for all the help i have been given in the past 6 months

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Hi Jeff - having had a quick look at your page, and although you share a lot of farms in Tjølling and Hedrum with my grandchildren, I have only found one person in common in that area: Nils Olsson (Klåstad) 1574-1674.But Knut Helliksen and Synnøve Tollevsdtr Flesberg/Sandsvær too - with all their ancestors (I have a mountain-cottage in Flesberg) and I have some pictures from Larvik and Flesberg (Ble-fjell) on my homepage. The first you come to is from Tjølling. http://home.online.no/~arnsroe/index.cfmArnstein

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you Arnstein Norway seems to be a very nice place. I still have a lot of research to do so check back and maybe we have some more in common

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.