Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19497] pedersen/eliassen risdal, store, vigmostad, vest-adger emmigrant records not fou

Gjest Jan Eliason
 Del

Gjest Jan Eliason

For:Peder Eliassen, b. July 14, 1847, Ingeborg Eliasdatter b. Dec. 12, 1857, Risdal, Store, Vigmostad, Vest-Adger Elias Martin Eliassen, b. Sept 5, 1861, Risdal, Store, Vest-Adger. Anne Eliasdatter b. Apr. 1, 1855, Risdal, Store, Vigmostad, Vest-Adger. All surviving children of Elias Pedersen and Marte Haaversdatter, Risdal, Store. I have tried military, naval and other registers. I have tried the church emigration pass registers as well. I have looked in the death records and marriage records. I have found other Elias Martins, either older or younger, but not mine. We know for certain that Peder (arrived Minnesota, summer 1871) and Ingeborg (Emma -arr. at age 15 by her obituary) moved to Minnesota . By the records below we believe this is their brother and sister Elias Martin and Anne, who looks like they are travelling to Minnesota as well. I have been unsuccessful in finding out if this is truly the same family. As the records show, they are from Lillesand. I was hoping to find pass registers or an actual ship register showing that they boarded and for which port. I also have not found pass registers nor ship registers for Ingeborg or Peder. I have come close a number of times, but their ages or place of residence was always wrong.Is there somewhere else that you can suggest that I look? I have checked the Bergen and other ports. Even Stavenger. (There are lots of Eliassens there, just not the right family).As I do not know what Church they went to, all the family baptisms are in Vigmostad. I do not know if there is a church register that would have issued them passes.I don't mind looking, I would appreciate suggestions on where else I can look. I realize from various sites, that there is still a lot of information that has yet not been posted on Vest-Adger. Is it possible that I might have to wait for another year in order to complete my search? 340 Kristiansand 67 1876 05 Martin Eliassen m U Arbeidsmand 1860 16 Lillesand Minesota341 Kristiansand 68 1876 05 Anna Eliassen f U Pige 1856 20 Lillesand Minesota Their birth years are out by one year for each of them. I have also looked for them under the name of Pedersen and Risdal. I traced ships leaving from Kristiansand in this same time period, some went from Liverpool to Halifax and some went from Liverpool to New York . I haven't found the actual passenger lists yet! The one Elias Martin Eliassen I found in Canada, is too old.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Fjeldsgård

DA 20.11.2000 Emigranter fra Kristiansand 1873-1930The obvious reason not finding them in emmigrant records is that they left befor 1873.That's the year records starts in Kristiansand S.The first records are from 67, and they may have left befor that year too.Lillesand is mentioned because Martin and Anna had their recidence there when leaving. It looks as if it's the right persons also mentioned in the 65 censuf records of Risdal.The 1875 census only have records from Fjære in Aust-Agder, so there is no place to track them in the Lillesand area.Peder (Per) Eliassen was 19 in 1865 and sailor, and that means that he could have left the ship in any harbour, in fact he might have used this service to emmigrate.He might have left the ship befor 1865 because that is bases on informations from his parents at the time the census was taken.Ingeborg is 8 in 1865 and arrives Minesota 71/72 - 15 years old.Brought by her brother???, and the same with the two other siblings?The only place left to look seems to be the police, or any passport registration for the two first.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Eliason

Thank you for responding. ude paa Søen - means not home or not there - I thought.?? Where did you find that Per or Peder was a sailor? If he was then that would explain why Ingeborg travelled alone and then Elias and Anne travelled without their parents. We know Elias Pedersen their father came to the USA after his wife died. I found him on a ship about one or two months after his wife died. They had the wrong age (showed 58 - he should have been 63). So, I will try and find Police records then. Thank you. We know very little about Peder's extended family. The only records we have are a copy of an obituary of Ingeborgs (Emma's) that is how we found out he had a sister. Then in the census, we found he had more surviving family, but have not been able to trace them to the U.S.A. That is why we are looking for Pass registers to see if they actually got on a ship. Thank you for explaining why I was having problems finding registers before 1873...jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.