Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19727] Hybbestad , Tjølling - translation

Gjest Jeff Erickson
 Del

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Is anyone able to tanslate this for me please1857 ble gården delt i tre og overdratt till bønder ved kgl. skjøter for ialt 7180 spdOlav eide en del av gården omkr. 1500, og det ser ut til at han rådet for bygselen. Sønnen het Orm Olavssøn og han bodde her på St Johannes gård 1517.Sandarpresten krevet bygeselavgift, men oppgav endel av kravet (se brev nr. 8 foran)Orm slekten bodde her i over 100år(Orm's family lived here for over 100 years)Orm Nilssøn d. for 1615 var trolig en sønnesønn av nevnte Orm, og nevnes i brev 1578 da han hadde tvist med prestene on landskylden.Han satt her også 1593 og 1604.To sønner, Peder og Oluf (nedenf.) 1615 var det arveoppgjør efter Orm og hans bror, Oluf Nilssøn på Klåstad Ned.De hadde begge like parter i Hybbestad og Austen i Br.nes, Delingen ble foretatt slik at Orms to sønner overtok Hybbestad, mens Olufs to døtre overtok eiendommen på Austen. En tid var det to brukere på Hybbestad Nordre sammem med broren Oluf eide han 2 1/3 bpd, smør i gården, og bodde her. En søster var g. m. Kristoffer Tormodssøn på Sandnes Mellem, og Peder fikk skjøte 1624 på 9 1/2 mrk. smør in Hybeestad N ave ham for 10 rdl. 1638/39 fikk Peder pålegg om å rydde jord til 1/4 t. sed.Eide 28 mrk. smør her og 3 1/2 mrk. i Råstad i Sandar.De hadde 3 barn, deriblant Hans ... og visstnok Tor, som eide part in Eftang

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

1857 the farm was divided into three parts, and sold to farmers from the king for a total of 7180 speciedaler (the Norwegian currency at the time).Olav owned a part of the farm around 1500, and it looks like he could decide who should farm it (i.e. he owned the biggest part). His son was named Orm Olavsson, and he lived here at Saint Johanne's farm [saint Johanne's may be a monastery which owned a part?] 1517. The priest of Sandar claimed tax, but had to give up part of the claim (according to letter number 8, above). Orm's family lived here for over 100 years.Orm Nilsson, who died before 1615 was probably a son's son of the mentioned Orm, and he is mentioned in a letter from 1578, when he had quarrel with the priests about the tax. He is mentioned here also 1593 and 1604. Two sons, Peder og Oluf (below).1615, there was a probate after Orm and his brother, Oluf Nilsson at Klåstad Nedre. They had equally big parts in Hybbestad and Austen in Brunlanes. The partition was made so Orm's two sons got Hybbestad, while Oluf's two daughters got Austen.For a while, there were two farmers at Hybbestad Nordre.Together with the brother Oluf, he owned 2 1/3 bpd. smør in the farm, and lived here.A sister was married to Kristoffer Tormodsson at Sandnes Mellem, and 1624 Peder bought 9 1/2 mrk. smør in Hybbestad N of him for 10 riksdaler [another ancient currency].1638/39 Peder was told to clear soil enough to 1/4 tønne crops.Owned 28 mrk. smør here and 3 1/2 mrk. smør in Råstad in Sandar.They had three children, among them Hans ... and probably Tor, who owned a part in Eftang.[smør=butter. The value of the farms was often counted in how much butter it could pay off.]

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you Kristian.The translation says Tor owned part of Eftang Ov.Tor Olsen at Eftang Ov br 1660-1712 was the son of Oluf Eftang.Was there another Tor at Eftang Ov.Tor Torsson (Hybbestad N) had born 1. Tore and 2. Tor blir vekk What does 'blir vekk' mean?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I don't have the Tjølling books, but maybe someone else can look it up for you.'Blir vekk' means 'disappears', i.e. the author doesn't know the persons destiny. Especially in the 17th century and earlier, when sources are rare, this may mean that the person just died, but he/she may also have moved away.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

The first name of Mr. Olsen on Eftang Øvre 1660-1712 was Tore, not Tor, according to the Bygdebook for Tjølling, page 1053. He was probably (meaning that the author is not quite sure) the son of Oluf Eftang.Tore married Anne Larsdtr. from Refsholt, who died 1678, aged 40. Tore then married Mari Andersdtr. in 1686. He had 4 children in his first marriage and 3 in his second.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

I forgot to answer your question about another Tor on Eftang Øvre. Here is what the Bygdebook has to tell: A Tord Mikkelsen farmed Eftang Øvre, part 2, 1674-86. (The name Tord may well be mixed up with Tor or Tore). And a Tor Hansen was here 1734-36, then moved to Eftang Mellom. And finally I find a Tor Jensen from Refsholt on Eftang Øvre, part 2, from 1736 to about 1760.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Thank you Hans.I understand the passge above for translation was from p692 and shows a son (Tor) of Oluf Ormsson of Hybbestad Nordre (br ca 1615-140) af part owner of Eftang O.Is it possible that Oluf Ormsson is the same person as Oluf Eftang or is there another connection?Perhaps the Tor (1660-1712) was the son of Oluf Ormsson from Hybbestad Nordre

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

P693 of the Tjølling bygdebok shows Tor Hansen as marrying Eli Larsdtr from Rauan Nedre in 1719. I cannot find a marriage entry on the Vestfold slekt but I believe their is a reference on p 157 of the book.It also shows that Tor Hansen married Kari Olsdtr in 1732 . The marriage took place on 3rd November 1732 but I cant find a reference at Rauan for her. Was she from Rauan?The T(h)or Hansen at Eftang O also married a Kari Olsdatter in 1738 but these seem to be different people.I cannot find a reference at Eftang matching the Tor at Hybbestad Nordre?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Referring to [7] - Oluf Ormsson and Oluf Eftang were different persons. The previous is mentined at Hybbestad until 1636, when he apparently died, and the latter is mentioned at Eftang already 1630, and still 1650.Regarding the Tor, possible son of Oluf Ormsson at Hybbestad, who owned a part in Eftang Øvre; this doesn't mean that he actually lived at Eftang Øvre. It seems to me that the author of the bygdebook couldn't place him in the geography. Perhaps he is mentioned only once or twice, and then without residence. If he then sold his part, the sources are so few that it will be very difficult to trace him.All in all, early 17th century is a tricky sport because of the few sources. To get reliable results might take hours, not to say days or weeks of investigation, even if there's just one father-son-connection you are looking for.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 måneder senere...
Gjest Jeff Erickson

Is the Hans Hybbestad shown as buried 19 Feb 1891 in Tjolling aged 90 the son of Oluf Ormsson, Hybbestad shown at Hybbestad p 692 of the Tjolling bygdebok? LenkeCan 'derilant Hans og visstok Tor som eide part in Eftang O' be translated for me pleaseDid he die at Hybbestad or at Tveiten in Sandar. He seems to have sold his share in Hybbestad N about 1690

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Jeff Erickson

Can it be established that the Randi Toresdatter shown buried 02 Sep 1692 aged 65 in Tjølling Lenke is the Randi Toresdatter christened from Hybbestad Nordre on 18 Oct 1727. Is it known where she lived?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Håkestad

Hei Jeff.According to name, age and place of birth, I am quite sure. Randi (Thor) Toresd. christened Saturday 18.oct. 1727, is the same person there is buried in 1792.Pigen (unmarried) birth at Hybbestad, as daughter of Tore Torsen, page 694. That’s no information around her’s life, (where and what) only – the old girl. That’s likely to assume she worked together with the family as housekeeper or dairymaid or else on other farms.Med hilsen Kjell.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.