Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#19883] Children Landgrav in Stavanger 1600-1650

Gjest Pieter Cramwinckel
 Del

Gjest Pieter Cramwinckel

Hi. From Stavanger Townhall I received the foolwing information : 'According to Stavanger book of Citizens Mr Søfren Jensen Landgrav was mayor of Stavanger from approx. 1580 - 1610. He was son of vicar Jens Sofrensen Landgrav. His father was vicar to Voss, which was a village further north in Western Norway. Mr Søfren Jensen Landgrav was also active in other fields. He carried on trade, he was the owner of a sawmill, he was the owner of ships and shipmaster until he was nominated to mayor of Stavanger. He died 09.02.1629. He was married to (miss) Frøchen Olufsdaughter who was buried 30.04.1671. After her husband`s death she married town official Mr Godske Pedersen Godtzen.There is no information on his children' I am searching for his marriage record and the christenings records of his children. Thanks for any help Pieter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Celvin Ruisdael

Dear Pieter Cramwinckel,I am Celvin Ruisdael, from Stavanger.I have one reference to the wife of Søfren Jensen Landgrav : According to this source, he married Karine Povelsdatter Trane c. 1602 (her name is spelled Karrine Pouelssdaatter in a letter from 1593).Another source says that there seem to be some uncertainty about his marriage.In this source his title is Councilman of Stavanger (Alderman), not Mayor.Sincerely yours,Celvin Ruisdael

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pieter Cramwinckel

Thank you, Celvin, that is useful information. Do you have that letter yourself? Copy available ? He might have been and 'alderman' in some period and mayor in another. That was not unusual. Do you happen to know if the Stavanger Church records are available on-line? If not, as you live in Stavanger, I wonder if you could help me to find the Landgrav data in there. BTW : is your surname of Dutch-Flemish descent? Best regards Pieter Cramwinckel : pcramwinckel@wanadoo.fr

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.