Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#20004] Interpretation please

Gjest Steve Rea
 Del

Gjest Steve Rea

I would be very greatful if someone could interpret this for me :) Thanks36. Hovde. Udt. hø2vde. -- Hoffde 1657. Hofde 1723 (2Opsiddere).*H&bmaapeno;fði m., Fjeldpynt (Indl. S. 58). Hyppigt Gaardnavn. 36,5. Haldorstøen. Kaldes stø1i.Af Mandsnavnet Halldórr (PnSt. S. 113). 36,6. Fløten. Udt. f£ø1te.Samme Navn i Gol GN. 6,6, Hol 56,6; ligesaa i Nore GN. 140,6 Flaa-ten, udt. f£ø1te. Aasen har fra Hallingdal fløt f. 'Flade, flad og jevn Mark'(se Indl. S. 50 under fl&bmaapeno;t ). 37. Li. Udt. lí. -- [Liidt NRJ. IV 384, 1528]. Lie 1578.Lidt 1604.1/2. Nørdre Liidt St. S. 126. Lj 1657 (3 Gaarde). Lie1723 (3 Gaarde, hvoraf 2 Søndre Lie, den ene -- gl. M.-No. 80 -- med Underbrug Nyehuuß; til den 3die Gaard -- gl. M.-No. 81 -- Underbrug Amundsanden).Nyhuuß og Amundsanden er forsvundne. 37,3. Bentehaugene. Udt. bæ2ntehaugadn.Se GN. 35. 37,27. Djupedal. Udt. jú1peda£.Hyppigt Navn ved Siden af Djupdalen og den nyere Form Djupendal(sml. den alm. Skrivemaade Dybendal af denne Plads). 37,34. Veneli. Udt. vé2nelíe.Af ven 'smuk' (oldn. vænn). Navnet forekommer ogsaa ellers og ervistnok overalt af nyere Oprindelse. 37,44. Kjernset. Udt. Ke2dnsæt. 37,48. Mohallen. Udt. mó1halli [opgivet -halle] (Dat. -hallen).Af h&bmaapeno;ll f. Helding, Li (Indl. S. 58). Se GN. 95,9. Gaarden ligger iHeldingen under Moen (Br.-No. 18. 19). 37,49. Flutene. Udt. f£u2tó (Nom. f£u2tidn?).Flt. af f£utu, der er Ligedannelsesform af flata f. 'Flade, Slette';sml. Flutua i Gausdal GN. 73,2. Udtaleformen er Dat. Flt. i bestemt Form.Nominativformen skal ikke forekomme. 37,53. Granlien. Udt. grø:2nlíe.Gran heder i Stedets Dialekt grøn (med lang Vokal). I Gol har man(efter Mehlum S. 343) et Grønlien (med langt ø), d. v. s. Granlien, ikke langtfra Grønlien (med kort ø), d. v. s. den grønne Li.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Are S. Gustavsen

Mr. Steve Rea:Your request for an interpretation is highly understandable, but not likely to be met by good will amongst amateur enthusiasts participating in this forum.First of all: You are not involving anyone as to why this interpretation is important for you. In other words: What problem are you trying to solve by getting this interpretation?Secondly; you are not telling where you found this body of text. Please give references when you expect help. Being somewhat familiar whith your text afterall, I can see that you have copied a passage from the place name etymologist (the late) Oluf Rygh's major work on farm names in Norway ('Norske Gaardnavne'). You should, however, have quoted the text using the right punctuation. This in order for everyone to see, what part of text, you are referring to.Thirdly; the text at hand is from a lexical work which only deals with the sources to and etymology of the farm names 'Hovde' and Li' and their subordinated farms. Hence, an interpretation of this text would probably exhaust the average norwegian interested in your problem , but would not give that much in return, except from the key content, which I just gave.Lastly, when choosing a title for your request, please also use a geographical/topographical reference, in order to better match against people with local knowledge.Good luck an best Regards,Are S. Gustavsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steve Rea

I am trying to get an english translation for at least the first few lines of my posting as it relates to a direct descendant of mine where it mentions the name HALDORSTOEN and the farm (Hovde)in Nes i Hallingdal that they owned prior to 1850 when they left norway and emmigrated to the USA any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

Hi Steve,your posting no 1) is just a list of farmnames, and how they where pronounced/written in 1657 and 1723. Also a brief description of the meaning of the farm-names,ie. HALDORSTOEN comes from the male name Halldórr.I can't see that there is any useful information about your ancestors in this posting.Jan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steve Rea

Thanks again Jan my family name is STOEN thus the interest in the original posting. I believe the original immigrant to the US (Halsten)had his name come from a combination of Haldorstoen. Thanks Rune I have been able to get a photograph of the farm that was taken about 1860. Thanks Steve

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

Are you sure you have the right name. There are approximately 50 farms in Norway called Støen og and hundreds of farms with named ending on støen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Steve Rea

The photo that I have comes from a family album that belonged to the great grandparents, it was marked Hovde/Stoen farm Nes i Hallingdal,Norway 1860, so I can only assume that it was the family farm. I do have a good bit of history about the farm and the family that they sold it to before they emmigrated. According to the 1801 census that is where they lived and they sold it sometime before 1850 as there immigration apllication papers which they applied for in 1850 listed them living at the Grinderland farm. Steve

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.