Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#20205] Høland, Akershus - Erik Larsen og Gunbior Eriksdr ca 1770

Gjest Bart Hansen
 Del

Gjest Bart Hansen

While searching for my ancestor Lars Eriksen, I found this family in the LDS Vital Records Index who had two sons: Lars born in 1770 and Erik born in 1772. I hope to find out if these two children had moved to Spydeberg Østfold by 1801 where they appear on the census. The birth years for these two are good matches.I will be ordering church book films for Høland, but they do not appear to have moving records for that far back in time. Does anyone know the history of this family, and perhaps if the boys indeed moved to Østfold?Thanks very much, Bart Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Odd Ottesen

Yes, I think it is quite clear that Lars Eriksen, who in 1801 was farmer on Revaug in Spydeberg, was the same as Lars Eriksen, born on Hellesjø in Hemnes in Høland in 1770. His younger brother, Erik Eriksen, born on Hellesjø in 1772, was quite clearly the servent of the same name on Northern Mork in Spydeberg in 1801, actually in the household of his mother's younger sister, Kirstine Eriksdatter (born on Bolstad in Setskog, Høland in 1751). Among the other siblings of the brother's mother, was Edvard Eriksen (born 1760), father of Erik Edvardsen and Nils Edvardsen, living as foster children of Lars Eriksen in 1801.The brother's father was Erik Larsen, from Sletner in Eidsberg, born ca. 1722, died on Bolstad in Setskog 1775. He was first married to Ingeborg Arnesdatter (ca. 1725-1759) from Fossem in Spydeberg, widow after Guttorm Smedsen Langseter in Trøgstad (1718-1755). Erik and Ingeborg had no issue (living in 1777).Erik married second in Høland 1762 to Gunbjør Eriksdatter, born on Hellesjø 1741, died on Hellesjø 1773. They may have lived in Trøgstad the first years, and from at least 1770 on Hellesjø in Høland. In addition to Lars, born 1770, and Erik, born 1772, they had a daughter Elen Marie, born ca. 1768, died ca. 1787. All the children seems to have lived with relatives in Østfold from 1777; Lars and Erik lived in the household of their grandmother, Ingeborg Tollefsdatter on Skog in Skiptvet, in 1788.Gunbjør was the oldest child of Erik Edvardsen (ca. 1714-1764) and Ingeborg Tollefsdatter (ca. 1717-1788). Erik and Ingeborg married in 1740 and lived first on Hellesjø, later on Bolstad, and then again on Hellesjø. Ingeborg remarried 1765 to Ole Evensen (ca. 1732-1797), and they moved to Skog in Skiptvet, a farm that had belonged to the ancestral family of Erik Edvardsen.Erik Edvardsen was son of Edvard Eriksen Hellesjø (ca. 1680-1762) (brother of Rønnaug Eriksdatter) and Åse Svendsdatter from Southern Østby in Høland (ca. 1684-1746) (sister of Hans Svendsen Østby), both of wellknown families, of which I can inform you further. (See also 'tema 11557 (9)'.)Here of course I have only come up with an answer concerning ancestors of the Lars Eriksen who lived as farmer on Revaug in Spydeberg in 1801. I really do not know whether this Lars Eriksen is your ancestor or not. (If you by any chance should have access to the digital versions of the early 1900 American Cencuses, would you please take a look at my question on 'tema' 20130, where I ask if architect Howard Messer, born in Reading, England 1861, perhaps could have stayed in the US (Texas) after 1899.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bart Hansen

Thank you very much for the reply, Odd.First I will turn to your question. Although I do not have a subscription to Ancestry.com, I do have one to Heritage Quest at an on-line library. I did various searches in the US censuses and found just 14 Messers who were born in England with none having a first name of Howard. There is no Howard Messer in Texas, with only six Howard Messers in all census years in other states.If you like, I can do further searching if you have additional information about Messer. My e-mail address will be at the bottom of this post. I found him in the 1881 UK census. Do you know the period of his stay in the US?Thank you for the additional information about Erik Larsen and families. As you suggest, my problem is to tie Erik Larsen and his son Lars Eriksen of Høland with the Lars Eriksen whose name appears in the Vestby church book as the father of my morfar's morfar, Peter Larsen. I am told that volume one of the Vestby bygdebok has Lars Eriksen buying the Kalfiøs farm in 1804 but it does not say from where he came. His baptism is not in the Vestby church books. I have most of the relavant films on loan at my LDS library. However, they do not contain moving records for the period of 1801 when Lars Eriksen was at the Rævoug farm in Spydeberg and 1804 when he had supposedly moved to Kalfiøs in Vestby.Thanks to you, I have tracked Lars Eriksen from Høland to Spydeberg. Now I need to track him from Spydeberg to Vestby and the Kalfiøs farm. Do you have any ideas about how this can be done?Thanks again very much. My e-mail is kilmory@earthlink.net. If you would like any more help with the US censuses, please let me know, either here or at my e-mail address.Bart in central Virginia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bart Hansen

Odd, I have a question for you regarding the names you listed for me. Today I diagrammed the families and see that they are all on the side of the mother of Lars and Erik Eriksen, Gunbjør Eriksdtr. Is that because the names are from the bygdebok for Høland, and that to know more about Erik Larsen I need to look in Eidsberg?Also, in the 1801 census for Spydeberg, on the Wøyen farm is a Anne Erichsdtr married to a Hans Hansen. From your records, could Anne be a sibling of Lars and Erik Eriksen. She was born two years after Erik, ca 1774-75.Thank you, Bart

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Odd Ottesen

There was hold probate after Elen Marie Eriksdatter in 1787; her only heirs were her brothers Lars Eriksen and Erik Eriksen.From the FamilySearch I see that the couple Lars Eriksen and Gunhild Olsdatter in Spydeberg had two children: Erik, bapt. 2 August 1801, and Abigael, bapt. 3 July 1803. After that they may seem to “disappear” from Spydeberg. But these informations should help you to identify the couple in another parish.Even though the Vestby bygdebok doesn’t say where Lars Eriksen came from when he bought Kalføss in Vestby in 1804, it is a possibility that the mortgage record can show where he lived formerly. (Vestby is within the Aker and Follo magistrate; I don’t know if this period is filmed.)Erik Larsen from Sletner in Eidsberg is to be found in “Bygdebok for Eidsberg og Mysen”, vol. 1 (Mysen 1969), p. 170.(Thanks for taking a look at my Messer-problem. I’ll contact you privately.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.