Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#20465] Klaudius Magnus Pedersen-born 1831-Stange Norge

Gjest Janice Webb
 Del

Gjest Janice Webb

My great- great grandfather was Klaudius Magnus Pedersen - he was born 29 Aug 1831 Stange Norway .He married Johanne Petronella Jensdatter - born 1846 in Idd Ostfold, she was also deaf and went to a deaf school in Oslo.His parents were Peter Praestsen Svendsen Wold-born Feb 1783 Romedal Stange Norway and Marthe Pedersdatter -born 29 Aug 1802 Toten Stange Norway.Klaudius was one of several deaf children born to Peter & Marthe, and the only deaf child to survive. I was told that the reason their was so many deaf children in the family was because Klaudius parents were cousins .Can anyone tell me how Peter & Marthe were related ? Were they cousins or second cousins?If you can help I would love to hear from youMange takk Janice

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

Peder Svendsen and Marthe Pedersdatters marriage record in Stange does not say anything about relationship, which it should if they were close related. She was born on Toten (Oppland)29/8-1802 and he in Romedal (Hedmark)9/2-1783. The churchbook in Romedal before 1785 is burned. I do not think they were related but not impossible. It will be hard to find out. I cannot find Elvine b.1835 as dead in Stange, not Peder and Gustav either.Their children were: Claudius Magnus 1831, Elvine Sophie 1833 dead 1834, Elvine Sophie 1835, Peder 1837 and Gustav 1840.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

Peder Svendsens parents were: Svend Pedersen born abt.1746 and Elie Larsdatter born abt.1851. Peder had a sister Kirsti,bapt.20/3-1788 Romedal.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Klaudius Magnus Pedersen -Stange

Hei Hans,Mange takk for the information.Klaudius was deaf too and went to school in Trondheim and then moved to Oslo. I assume this is where he met Petronella as she was also deaf and went to a deaf school in Oslo. Klaudius was trained to be a shoemaker and Petronella was a streamstress.All of their four children 1.Peter Bernhard Pedersen (bn 1872), 2.Marthe Pedersen (born 1876)married Nicolai Fransen/Franzen, 3.Olaf (born ?)married Jennie Schiel, 4.Ragna (married Ragnvald Hansen -not sure if he died or immigrated? Ragna re-married Sig Berg)They all immigrated to Ottawa Canada. Peter, Olaf & Ragna stayed in Canada and Marthe moved to Los Angeles USAI am not sure if Peter's real first name waas Klaudius Peter Bernhard Pedersen , I think I saw a record on the internet that I thought was him under that name.Klaudius Magnus died 12 Mar 1896 in Oslo from the information I have.Would like to contact any members of Klaudius's or Petronella's Norwegian family in Norway.If anyone can help that would be great!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.