Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#20588] Eriksen - Larvik

Gjest Jeff Erickson
 Del

Gjest Jeff Erickson

My grandfather Christian Anton Eriksen is shown living in Strand Gade in Larvik in the 1900 Census. He is shown with his father Anders Eriksen and his mother Inger Marie Borresdat. and his sisters.Can anyone help me with the birh/christening dates of his sisters. They were all born in Larvik.Anna Mathilde ERIKSEN 1882 Occupation 1900 - Maanedskondition What is MaanedskonditionBertha Christine ERIKSEN 1883 Occupation 1900 - Pakker ved GlassHilda Ellevine ERIKSEN 1885.Petra Emilie ERIKSEN 1890Orense Allette ERIKSEN 1895

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Jorunn Olsen

Hei Jeff.HILDA ELLEVINE MAGRETE ( Margareth?) ERIKSEN VAS BORN THE 16TH OF DES 1885 AND BAPTIZED THE 28 OF FEB. 1886I will have a look for rest of the children too but many of the pages is weary dark, almost black and it is impossible to read all the pages in this church book.MVH. Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Jorun,Thank you. Are you able to tell me the page number or reference number for the birth'sJeff Erickson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorunn Olsen

Hei JeffNow right now but I will have a new look on Monday. If you like I can take a copy for you and send them in the mail fore you but then I need to have your address. Wood you like to know ho the goodfathers and goodmothers vas too?Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Jorun har du sett i klokkerboka, om det finnes klokkerbok for den tiden? Man har veldig lett for å glemme de bøkene.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Jorunn.Yes i would like to know as much information as the churchbook can tell me. Also for my grandfather Christian Anton Eriksen b May 1893 in Larvik If you can scan them my email address is ericj@adam.com.au otherwise my snail mail address is p.o, box 253 Port Adelaide south Australia, Australia 5015. Thanks againwHAT IS A Klokkerbøker?I do not read Nowegian. Can someone please translate (5) abd (6) for me

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorunn Olsen

Hei Jeff.Nb. 5 and 6 is more to me than to you. The prist wrote the Churchbook and the Klokker- Parish clerk wrote the Klokker books. A sort of double-entry book keeping. I am sorry I dont know what Maanedskondition are.Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest A Rønning

Directly translated, 'maanedscondtion' (månedsvilkår) could be she was angaged (working) for only one month at the time (I think).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorunn Olsen

Hei Jeff. Anna Mathilde vas born the 27 of Jan. 1882. Baptized the 26 of Mars. Bertha Christine vas born the 15 of Nov. 1883. Baptized the 24 of Feb. 1884. Hilda Ellevine Magnete vas born the 16 of Dec. 1885. Baptized the 28 of Feb. 1886. Petra Emilie vas born the 1 of Mars 1890. Baptized the 18 of May 1890. Orentse Alette vas born the 2 of Dec. 1895. Baptized at home the 8 of Dec. 1895 and baptized in the church 1 of Mars 1896. She vas proberly sick from here birth on so she has do be baptized sun.I did have a look after when Anders Eriksen and Inger Marie Børresen vas married but I dident find them married in Larvik from 1880 to 1882. Anders vas from Sweden and vas working in a glasswork. I guess he vas a glassblower.I have now taken copys and will send them to you bay the snail mail.Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest A Rønning

Larvik Glassverk was siuated by the corner of Strandgata/Nils Juelsgt (and your family lived at Strandgata). Jeff - I have sent you a picture from inside Larvik Glassverk taken in the 1890th. Perhaps one of the persons is your family? (the building was still there in 1999 - I do not know if it is still there).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Tnank you Jorunn and ArnsteinAnders Eriksen was aged 71 in 1900. They must have worked to an old age in those days, He did have a young family to supportInger was his second wife He married her 26 Oct 1879 in Tjolling

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Jorunn, Were you able to find my grandfather's details too. He was Christian Anton Eriksen b. 17 May 1893Thanks Jeff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorunn Olsen

Hei Jeff.Kristian Anton Eriksen. Born the 17 of May 1893. Baptized at home 25 of May and confirm in church the 23 July.I have now all the copis and I will send them to you in the mail Thusday 1 of April.Hilsen Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

I have now found in the national archives in Australia a reference to my grandfather's nephew arriving in Australia in 1947.He was Ivar Kristoffersen , born 17 Jun 1915. Unfortunately I dont know which one of my grandfather's sisters (above) was his mother. Can anyone help with details of his parents please?At least one other of my grandfather's sisters went to America. Where is the best place to search for her emigration?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorunn Olsen

Hallo Jeff.I know this vas coming so I have ordered the microfilms from Larvik from 1900 to 1919 too see if I can find some of the girl married.And there I hopefully wil fine Ivar in 1915.Do you know if your grandfathers sister vas married before she vent to Amerika? You have to get the right surname. Ellis Island is a good place to start looking.Jorunn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Hello Jorunn,I know not much about my grandfather's sisters. I only know that the sister Petra stayed in Norway and died about 1970. I have heard that possobibly another two migrated to America. The records of Ivar in Australia are classified 'not yet examined' which means that it could take many months before they can be reclassified for me to read them. They are in Sydney and I would have to go 1200 kilometre to Sydney to see them. INformations seems to be much more free available in Norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kari Aabelvik Sahlin

Hei!Ivar was born 17/6 1915,bapt. 11/7 1915 parents:sliperiarb.Kristian Kristoffersen og Berta Kristine f.Eriksen.Mvh Kari

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kari Aabelvik Sahlin

Hello!I have found Kristian and Bertha`s marriage and two more children:Married 5.July 1908 Kristian Kristoffersen b.7.April 1882 Larvik,father Johannes Kristoffersen and Bertha Kristine Eriksen b.15.Nov.1883,father Anders Eriksen.Born 19.Febr.1910,bapt.10.April 1910 Alf parents:Kristian Kristoffersen and Bertha Kristine b.Eriksen Born 2.June 1913 bapt.29.June 1913 Kristian parents:Kristian Kristoffersen and Berta Kristine b.Eriksen.Mvh Kari

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Kari- Thanks All this helps in finding some living relatives in Norway. I will find them somedayBest wishes Jeff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jeff Erickson

Jorunn,Your letter arrived this afternoon but you did not put a return address so I must thank you through here.Thank you also for the notes on the back. I am glad you could read the names. Some of them I know.Jorgen Børresen was Inger Marie's brother. I do not know who Elise Marie Eriksen was but I assume she was the daughter of one of Anders Eriksen's brothers. Anders Eriksen had children from his first marriage in Sweden (Emma b 1860, Johan Edvard b1863 and Jonas Andersen b 1866). The children all moved to Norway before their father. Gunilde Andersen may be the wife on one of them.Martin Andersen and Ole Andersen may also be related.Jonas Andersen (Petra's godfather) could be Anders Eriksen's son above.Peter Eriksen was a brother to Anders Eriksen. Peter also moved to Norway from Sweden in 1879 but I dont know where. He could be the godfather mentioned on Hilda's baptism.It seems that i need to do some mork work to find where the children from Anders first marriage went when they came to Norway.Thank you again for all the effort you have made to find these things out for meBest WishesJeff Erickson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.