Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#21139] Løken children help request

Gjest David Larson
 Del

Gjest David Larson

I have been trying to find more information about the Norwegian children of my ancestor John Haagensen Løken ( [url="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~larsonmorgan/Larson/92-95.html#92>Lenke ), whose family was raised in Norway ( see 1865 Census Lenke ) but some of them emigrated to the USA ( see 1870 ship list Lenke ).I know about Haagen and his brother Lars and have followed their lives.I think I have found sister Marit in 1900 census (

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger-Lise Haga Aastad

Hello!I haven't been able to trace your ancestors, but have some suggestions about the names you have mentioned.Magnilde = Magnhild, MagnhildeEver - could be Even og EvaldGura - could be Guri, Guro, or GroAll of this are common names in Norway.Best of luck to you, from I-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Erik Døving

Hello DavidAccording to the 1865 census your ancestor John Haagensen Løken (Jon Haakensen) and the rest of his family were born in Sunndal and then moved to the small place (farm) Talstad in Fræna (Frænen). The census indicates that Jon is ”sølvsmed” (silversmith), whereas his son Haaken (Haagen) is ”gaardbruger og selveier” (farmer and owner of farm). He is apparently the head of family (the fact that he is the owner of the farm and judging by the order in which the names are listed). Jon’s wife is called Guro, and according to Norwegian tradition that name will probably be found among their grandchildren.I found Jon (as Joen Haagensen Løchen age 4) at Sundal in 1801. Haaken’s sister Marit was 23 in 1865 (born 1842), but the Marit you found in 1900 census is born in 1845, this might of course be an error.If the siblings moved or died before the 1900 census, it is difficult to find them. Perhaps you can contact a local historian at bygdeboka@frana.kommune.noBest regards Erik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest David Larson

Erik - You are quite right on all accounts. I have also the 1801 census with Joen at my website. I noticed the difference in Marit's birth dates, but I agree that this could be an error. I will take your suggestion and send an email to see if help is available. Thanks.David

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.