Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#21143] Fredrik Jonasen Family, Horten

Gjest Brooke Kenney
 Del

Gjest Brooke Kenney

I am looking for information regarding the following family. My grandmother was Charlotte Elizabeth and her records were lost when she passed away. I would appreciate any information regarding her family, beyond this census information.Census year: 1900 Municipality: Borre Municipality number: 0717 Name of domicile: SolbergParents: Fredrik Jonasen, b. 1851, Sverige and Laura Johannesen, b. 1853 SverigeChildren: Ludvig Fredriksen, b. 1886 Vaale Jarlsberg Emil Fredriksen, b. 1889 Vaale Jarlsberg Carlotte Fredriksen, b.1893 Borre JL Fritjof Fredriksen, b. 1895 Borre JL Ellef Fredriksen, b. 1898 Borre JLThere were several othe children not shown here. And I believe there are still living relatives in Horten.If you can reply in English, that would be much appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

Hi,there! I just found your plea for help with this problem! They may have married in Våle parish, or been listed as moving into that parish prior to 1887. I'll check that whenever I visit the Vestfold county library in Tønsberg. They may also be listed in Våle the 1891 census, but often Sweden is all you get. They are not listed as moving into Borre parish prior to 1894.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Brooke Kenney

Hello Jan,Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. The naming conventions in Norway have caused me a fair amount of problems. Thank you so much!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

This is what I've been able find so far: Info is based on the parish records for Våle and Borre parishes. Film NOR1 1217 Våle I 11 1878-1906 Page 307. Moving to the Helgeland farm in Våle from Moss (only 30 minutes by ferry across the fjord from Horten) parish in Østfold county: January 1878 Jernbanearbeider (railroadworker) Fredrik Jonassen born 1851. Listed with Høgseter sokn (parish)(in Elfsborg len (county)in Sweden. From the listing,I can't figure out whether this is where he was born, and/or if this is was where they lived until leaving Sweden,or if this was where they got married in 1873. Wife Laura Johannesdatter born 1853 in Sweden. Dates written ddmm! 1.Amanda born 2710 1873. Confirmed 1888 - born in Sweden. To Borre parish 1892. 2.Augusta born 1102 1876. Possibly living in marriage in Tønsberg (1900 census). 3.Inger Marie born 0503/bapt.2306 1878. In Horten 1900 (cesus). 4.Augusta Fredrikke born 1202/bapt. 2502 1880. Living in Marriage in Horten in 1900 (census). 5.Karl Johan born 2908/bapt. 2409 1882. Living with Augusta's family in 1900 (cesus). 6.Johanne Kirstine born 0812 1884/bapt.0901 1885. In Horten 1900 (census). 7.Ludvig Ferdinand born 1003/bapt. 0804 1887. 8.Oskar Emil born 2407/bapt. 2508 1889. With the exception of Amanda, they are all listed as moving from Våle to Borre parish 2004 1892. Fredrik is also listed as arbeider (worker) and murer (brick-layer). A:I'll check the Moss parish records for a possible listing of this family moving into or out of that parish! B:I wasn't able to find Augusta confirmed in Våle or Borre (with info on place of birth),so I'll try that again later.I'm in no position to help you with the Swedish part, but can give you a few web-pages with very useful info.Jon Erik in Horten

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Brooke Kenney

Jon, thank you so much for the time you have spent on this subject. I am impressed by your willingness to help me in my search. The information you are finding is very helpful to me and to Oskar's grandchildren whom I pass this information onto. Again, thank you for your generosity.If you would forward those websites to me I could start a search there too. Best regards, Brooke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Hi,Brooke! The following info from the Moss parish records concludes my efforts in this case(?). Moss I 10 1870-1877: Moving into the parish Sept.30th. 1876 No's 43 & 44. 1.Railroad worker Fredrik Jonassen born Sept.29th. in 1851 Høgseter parish (in Elfsborg county).2.Laura Johannesdatter born April(?) 17th. 1853 in Fergelanda parish (in Dalsland county). Daugther Amanda born Oct.27th. 1873 in Fergelanda parish. If you have any further questions,please send me your personal E-mail adress.Jon Erik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Brooke Kenney

Jon,Once again, your effort on my behalf is very much appreciated. I feel blessed to have someone working so diligently on this part of my family tree. I don't think I could have found all this information myself. You are very kind and generous with your time. I am really thankful for all the effort you have put into this. Perhaps when I come to visit Norway, we could meet and I could tell you in person and buy you a cup of coffee.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.