Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#21700] Bernt Andersen - Oslo 1900

Gjest Robert Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert Evensen

I'm trying to trace the family of Bernt Edvard Andersen who is living at Helgesens Gade 22 in the 1900 Oslo census. His parents were Anders Evensen and Kirsti Haagensdatter from Stange. All of his family emigrated to the United States. He remained in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 måneder senere...
Gjest Grethe Flood

Hallo Robert! I just saw that back in May this year, you search for information on Bernt Edvard Andersen. This is how far I've managed to trace his ancestry:In 1865 Bernt Edvard Andersen, born in Stange, lives with his parents Anders Evensen and Kirsti Haagensdatter in Vang, Hedmark (former Kristians amt) [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f60414.wc2&variabel=0&postnr=4294&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeIn the 1875-census I’ve found that Anders Evensen has moved to Kristiania and is living Motzfeldts gate (street). It seems that he is married for the second time, with Maren, born 1847 in Eidsvold. Bernt Edvard Andersen is living with his father. LenkeAccording to FS (VRI) Anders Evensen and Kirsti Haagensdatter got married in Stange in 1857 Lenke and according to FS the father of Anders Evensen is Even Kjellsen and the father of Kirsti Haagensdatter is Haagen Olsen Lenke.In 1874 Anders Evensen got married in Oslo, to his second wife, Maren Paulsen LenkeAnders Evensen and Maren emigrated from Kristiania with destination Chicago in February 1905

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Evensen

Hei Grethe!Yes you have found my family. Bernt is listed as Nes, Hedmarken for some reason. I can't explain why. I have traced him to Helgesens Gade in 1900. What happens to the family after that is unknown. Two of his children emigrate to the USA, the others remain in Norway. I hope to find their descendants some day. Tusen takk for all your efforts. I think your English is very fine. I wish my Norwegian was as good.Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

The state censuses from 1910 and so on can only be used for statistics till they are 100 years old. In the Oslo City Archives, however, they've got municipal censuses, and you have free access to these censuses from 1899-1943. Next year, the census of 1944 will be free to look in. If Bernt continued to live in Kristiania, it would be possible to find him and his family in the municipal censuses, but then you would have to look in the address books to find where he lived. To find persons in the municipal censuses you need to know their address, at least the name of the street where they lived.Grethe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.