Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#21747] Anne Ellingsdatter Ytre Nesdal

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am looking for information about Anne Ellingsdtr, wife of Aamund Aamundsen Sande. Aamund and Anne are parents of Magnhild Aamundsdtr (b. ca 1696). Magnhild is my 5th g-grandmother. I have read post #18093 on the Archive Forum, that refers to her as Anne Ellingsdatter Ytre Nesdal. I looked at this farm in 1666, and I see Elling Ellingsøn (age 40) and Elling Jacobsøn (age 60). It seems most likely that her father was the younger Elling. But I also read post #18014, which shows the probate for Elling Ellingsen Nesdal Ytre. And there is no mention of a daughter, Anne.I would appreciate any assistance...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Tor Kvien

I am not sure who is the older one, but at Ytre Nesdal #1 there is an Elling Jakobsen in 1657 who has a son Jakob Ellingsen married to Agnete Salvesd. Sande. Later on a Peder Ellingsen is married to Agnethe who now is a widow (before 1895).I don't know is Jakob and Peder were brothers, but at least Jakobs marriage to a girl from Sande makes it possible that he may have been av brother of your Anne. But this is of course no proof.Let's hope that someone else can find a solution to this mystery.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Tor,Let me see if I can figure this out. According to his probate (17 Sep 1699), Elling Ellingsen Nesdal ytre left widow Brite Abrahamsdatter and three children, Abraham, Peder and Elling. All of these people are living at Yttr. Nesdal in 1701. What is the likelihood that he had a daughter Anne, who was not mentioned in his probate record? Probably not very likely, right?I think that Jakob Ellingsen was probably the brother of Elling Ellingsen, and both of them were sons of Elling Jakobsøn Nesdal ytre (age 60 in 1666). But, if this were true, there would be a generation between Agnete Salvesdatter's first and second husbands. Peder Ellingsen would be the nephew of Jacob. Is that likely? Peder is 34 years old in 1701 at Yttr. Nesdal. Stepson, Salve Jachobsen (age 5) is living with him.Your theory makes sense, that Jacob Ellingsen and Anne Ellingsdatter might be siblings. But how do I verify that? This may remain an unsolved mystery!Thanks for the feedback...Helsing, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Barbara Lose

Hei Patricia and Tor!I came across this old topic today, when I once again tried to solve the problem about Anne Ellingsdatter Ytre Nesdal’s identity. She is my ancestor through her son Salve Jacobsen Sande (1687-1765) from her first marriage with Jakob Salvesen Sande (died ca 1690).Having read Tors informations from the bygdebok in entry 2, I now think that Elling Jakobsen (age 60 in 1664) and Elling Ellingsen (age 40 in 1664, probate 1699) are not necessarily father and son. The name Elling is extremely common in the valley of Loen e.g. also on the neighbour-farm Bødal (see censuses and probates).In my theory Anne Elllingsen (married to Jakob Salvesen Sande) is the sister of Jakob Ellingsen (married to Agnete Salvesdatter Sande) but they are not siblings of Elling Ellingsen. Agnetes second husband Peder Ellingsen is a son of Elling Ellingsen, but if Elling and Jakob were NOT brothers, then she would not have married the nephew of her first husband. Peder may still be much younger than Jacob, but there may not be a whole generation between them.My theory is that we see an example of “søskenbytte” between Sande and Ytre Nesdal:Jakob Ellingsen Ytre Nesdal and Anne Ellingsen Ytre Nesdal (children of Elling Jakobsen and his wife ANNE, mentioned in 1645) married Agnete Salvesdatter Sande and Jakob Salvesen Sande (children of Salve Jakobsen, ca 1624-bef. 1701).A funny coincidence:Jakob E. and Agnete S. had a son Salve Jakobsen (age 5 in 1701), who grew up as a stepson of Peder Ellingsen at Ytre Nesdal.Jakob S. and Anne had a son Salve Jakobsen (age 12 in 1701, my ancestor) who grew up as a stepson of Amund Amundsen at Sande (registered in the census as a son of Amund and with false patronymikon “Omundsen” instead of Jakobsen).The marriage of several children between two families was not rare in Norway at that time. Do you think the theory makes sense? Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to exist a source to prove it.Hilsen and good night, Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kvien

Barbara: This is a tricky one and I haven't been working on this for quite a while. I've sent scans from the Bygdebok for some of the actual farms.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei BarbaraThank you very much for the post. Like Tor, it has been a while since I have looked at this. I just got back from a long vacation... so it will be a while before I can get back into my papers and refresh my memory.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Barbara Lose

Hei PatriciaI was on vacation in Russia (without internet) when you startet this topic. So that's why I missed it last spring.The bygdebok tells us that Elling Ellingsen (age 40 in 1664) was the son of Elling Simonsen, who owned Ytre Nesdal br. nr. 3 in th 1650ties and died before 1664. Elling Jakobsen owned part of br. nr. 1. So these were indeed different families.Hilsen Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.