Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#21758] Help to find info for my grandmother Nikoline Nilsen (?) b, Oct.6, 1881,Elverum

Gjest Linda Stinar
 Del

Gjest Linda Stinar

Hello, I would like to find more information for my grandmothers family. She was born Oct. 6, 1881 in Elverum and came to America in 1902. I do not have information on her parents, but I think she had a sister named Karoline. Not sure if the spelling of Nilsen is correct. She was unmarried when she came to America. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Vestli

In the 1885 census you will find Nikoline here. Lenke In the 1900 census I think she is looking after the cattle in Løten.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

That link in (2)is to the 1865 census, so I don't think it's the right Nikoline.There is a Nikoline Nilsdatter in Kristiania (Oslo) in the 1900 census, she is born 1881 in Elverum:[url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f00301.wc2&variabel=0&postnr=138680&fulle=true&spraak=n>LenkeThere is also a Nikoline Højstad in Elverum in the 1900 census. She is said to be born 1882 in Elverum. If the people living at the Højstad farm are her parents and siblings, she is a Nilsdatter:Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest arild andersen

I found Nokiline Nilsdatter borm 1881 and Karoline Nilsdatter born 1875 in the 1900 cencus where they were working with keeping cowa/sheeps withe norwegian word for 'budeie' on a farm with the mane Balke in Løten

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

From IGI familysearchNikoline Nilsen b.6/10 1881 Elverum Hedemark D.27/1 1960 Minneapolis Hennepin Minnesota. Married Hans Andreas Christensen b.2/11 |878 Jevnaker.D. 1954.Parents Syver Christensen and Caroline Olsdtr.11 Children all b. in Hennepin.Ruth Juliet and Egil Siversen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

If nothing coming up here.You can write to Sør-Østerdal family-historylag.V/Trond Bækkevold Pb.278 2401 Elverum. Norway.They have the church books from Elverum.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Karoline Nilsdtr.b. 24/7 chr.20/8 1876 Løten Hedemark. Parents Nils Jensen, Karen Andersdtr.Census 1900 Løten on Balkeie farm.Karen Andersdtr,widow b.1839.son Johan Nilsen b.1871.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Jeg vet ikke med dere, men jeg finner ingen Nikoline og Karoline født i Elverum som passer fra tellinger.Kunne de si Elverum om de var fra Løten f,eks. Det virker jo som Løten passer bra.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

From FS.Nils Jensen.Father Jens Nilsen.Marriage 27/12 1859 Løten Hedemark. Karen Andersdtr.Father Anders Knudsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Linda Stinar

Hello, You are all so kind and helpful and I appreciate your help so very much. It seems that the information is correct and I will use the links to see if I can find more. This is new to me. I have spent time looking at the Digital Archive but I have not requested any information from the church books because I wasn't sure how to do that. My grandmother passed away in 1960 in Minneapolis and she had 16 children. (4 sets of twins). She was quite an amazing lady and I want to find out as much as I can of her family and descendents in Norway. I am hoping to travel there in the next year and would love to visit the area of Elverum. Thank you all for your help. Linda Stinar (Syverson)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Children of Nils Jensen and Karen Andersdtr.M.27/12 1859 Løten.Andreas b.23/4 chr.3/6 1860. Even b.25/5 chr,22/6 1862. August b.12/11 1864 chr.30/4 1865. August b.30/4 chr. 9/8 1868. Johan b.15/8 chr.22/10 1871 Karoline b.24/7 chr.20/8 1876. Nikoline b.6/10 1881 all in Løten Hedemark.census 1900 Løten Krogstieie farm.Andreas Nilsen m. husm. b.1860. Inger Eriksen wife b.1864 Trysil. Children:Emil 1889,Alfred 1892, Ole 1893, Nils 1896 all in Løten.Census 1900 Løten. Smedbakken farm.August Nilsen m. At Løten Brenderi b. 1868. Emilie Martinsen wife.1870 Romedal.Children; Nils 1888, Pauline 1891, Martin 1893, Karl 3/1 1899 all in Løten.census 1900 Løten.all at Balke farm.Johan 1871. Karoline 1876 , Nikoline 1881 and their mother Karen Andersdtr.b.ca 1838.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

In the 1900 census in Kristiania (Oslo)there is a Karoline Nilsdatter born in Elverum 1879. There also is a sister(?) Martine Nilsdatter born 1874 in Elverum.LenkeIn (3) you can see that there is a Nikoline Nilsdatter from Elverum b. 1881 in the Kristiania census.I don't think we should drop Elverum as the birthplace yet!Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ronny Rismyhr Haugen

I have checked the church records for Elverum and found a Nikoline Nilsdatter born Oct. 6, 1881, christened Jan. 29, 1882 in Elverum. She was the daugther of Nils Kristoffersen Finstadhagen and Martea Andersdatter at Finstadhagen in Hernes, Elverum.Nikoline's parents were still living at Finstadhagen in the 1900 cencus: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

Very good, Ronny! That settles the birthplace!Here I think we have Marthea Andersdatter in Elverum the 1865 census, together with her father, who is a widower, and a sister and a brother:LenkeLaila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

And here is Nils Christoffersen in Elverum the 1865 census, together with his mother, who is a widow, and a brother and a sister!:LenkeLaila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ronny Rismyhr Haugen

Nikoline's sister Karoline was born April 2, 1878, christened Sept. 1, 1878, in Elverum, daugther of Nils Kristoffersen og Martea Andersdatter Finstadeie.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Linda Stinar

Thank you again, everyone. I do believe that this family from Elverum is the correct one. I could be wrong about a sister named Karoline. My aunt doesn't remember but she is the one who mentioned that to me. Sorry if that caused confusion. My grandmother talked often of Elverum and I have an old postcard picture of a street in Elverum, so I am pretty sure that was the birthplace. I missed out on lots of conversations because I could not speak Norwegian. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Da tror jeg også vi endelig kom i havn.Takket være kirkeboknotatene.På mormonark.er svært lite å finne på Elverum.Fant dette.Nils Kristoffersen og Marthea Andersdtr.Marriage:23/1 1874 Elverum.A son Emil Nilsen b.6/10 1881 chr.29/1 1882.Good luck in your search for your norwegian ancestors Linda. And welcome to Norway.I hope you will meet your relatives here.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Berg

Hei Ronny.Har du funnet flere søsken av Nikoline i kirkeboka? Foreldrene ble jo gift i 1874.Sønnen Emil ble født da.Så har vi Karoline i 1878.Nikoline i 1881,Marie 1887 og Anne i 1890.Veldig vanskelig å finne flere på tellinger.Mange heter Nilsen og er født i Elvrum, eller Elverum. Er det noen som har tips til Linda hvordan hun skal gå fram for å komme i kontakt med familie som lever i dag? Byarkivet i Oslo kansje?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

I found this on Familysearch. Hope someone can verify it in the Elverum Churchbook.Marthea Andersdatter was christened June 5, 1854 in Elverum.Her parents were Anders Johnsen and Ellen Pedersdatter. They married Feb. 3, 1844 in Elverum.Marthea's siblings:1. Oline, born March 1, 1841 and chr. May 23, 18412. Guri, born Aug. 4, 1843 and chr. Feb. 3, 18443. Petronelle, chr. March 30, 18454. Johanne, chr. March 21, 18475. Eline, chr. Feb. 24, 18506. Andrea, chr. Nov.21, 18527.Gurine, chr. Feb. 10, 18568. Anton, chr. Sept. 20, 1857Hilsen Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.