Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#21921] Help with 1815 Lier census

Gjest Chris Nilsen
 Del

Gjest Chris Nilsen

I have found an ancestor born in Lier in 1811. These are the details:No.2126 Tranbye Born 20-11-1811 Baptised 8-12-1811 Nils Nilsen. Father was Nils Torstensen of Brastad, Ungkarl. Mother was Ingeborg Christensdr of Brastad, Pigen.Godparents: Randi Pedersdr of Brastad. Anne Poulsdr of Brastad. Christen Xstensen of Brastad. Ole Erichsen of Brastad. Maren Jonsdr of Brastad.I have been trying to find Nils Nilsen in the 1815 Lier census, without success. He should have been about 4 years old and living with his mother.His father, Niels Torstensen appears, now married to Brynild Poulsdtr with a son Torsten Nielssen.But the mother Ingeborg Christensdtr and the boy, Nils Nilsen I cannot find.Can anybody help?Chris Nilsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Egil H Thomassen

The parish books for Lier, volume 2, tells that Nils Torstensen Nedre (Lower) Brastad born ca. 1785, dead 1861, was married to Brynhild Paulsdtr. Seven children are mentioned. Before the marriage Nils (he is listed as 'ungkarl' = batchelor, in the church book) had a son Nils with Ingeborg Christensdtr Brastad (she is listed as 'pigen' = unmarried girl). The Lier-book give no further information about Ingeborg.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Nilsen

Dear Egil,Thank you for your reply and the information about Nils.I tried to find Ingeborg in the 1801 census and found 3 in Lier who could be her:No.2211 Ingebor Christensdtr Deres børn. Age 7. No.2227 Ingebor Christensdtr Pige. Age 40. Ugivt. Inderste og gaaer i dagleje. No.2479 Ingebor Christenen Datter. Age 12.Do you have an suggestion which might be the correct one?I note that the 40 year old is still called 'Pige' even though not a girl.The 1815 Lier census can be found under 'Dåverande område' and then go to Buskerud/0626 Lier.I cannot find Ingeborg or the son Nils Nilsen in this 1815 Lier census. Was she the 40 year old and had died by 1815?Chris.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.