Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22162] questions about bygdebok (Stjørdalsboka)

Gjest David Larson
 Del

Gjest David Larson

I am trying to include the bygdebok pages of one of my mother's family (Julset) from Stjørdal, Nord-Trøndelag ( Lenke ), and I had a number of questions that I hoped someone could answer. I still have plenty yet there to translate. Thanks in advance...1) What is the 'source' information for the Stjørdalsboka? Who wrote it, what year(s), etc?2) At the bottom of one of the pages is 'Stjørdalsboka band III 46' -- what does 'band' translate to? Is this 'volume 3' of the series of books? What is the '46'? There is also a '47' also at the bottom of the last page.3) What does the abbreviation 'd.' mean? It is not birth date, which is 'f.' -- I believe it is the christening date, maybe.4) One abbreviation that appears frequently is like 'Gr.nr. 188' for instance. Is this the farm number? Where can someone find these numbers listed? Also, what does 'Br.nr. 1' mean?Sorry for these ignorant questions -- after working with Swedish documents for a while, it's apparent that I have to build up my Norwegian understanding now as well. Thanks again for your responses.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Langås

1. I believe 'band 3' (volume 3; Lånke) was published abt. 1950. The 'farm history volumes' 2-6 are the oldest; volume 1 (three books; 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3) was published abt. 1970. The publishers were Stjørdal, Skatval, Lånke, Hegra and Meråker herad (kommuner). Those who collected much of the information (and wrote) were Lorentz Mobjørg, Ivar Nilssen Værnesbranden and Einar Hermstad. Mobjørg did much research in archives, but died in 1927. Others continued on his work.2. I believe this is just a 'practical thing' connected to the printing and binding of the book. This book is vol. 3.3. 'D' means døpt - christened.4. Gr.nr. (also gnr.) means gårdsnummer. Br.nr. or bnr. means bruksnummer. You can read more about them on http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/na27.html.Yours Arne Langås

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest David Larson

Thanks, Arne, that is real helpful. That brings up a couple other questions, though!1) Is Lånke a part of Stjørdal, then? I guess what I mean is, why are all these herad in the Stjørdalsboka. Still some confusion here.2) When I see 'Gr.nr. 65' followed by a small 2, is this referring to bruksnummer 2? (By the way, your link was quite useful) I see you mention Åsen -- I believe this is fairly near my ancestors' lands near Hell, etc. I think my Hansen/Lillemo relatives' land are now part of the airport there...Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Langås

Lånke is now a part of Stjørdal kommune, but in the 1950s it was an own kommune (also called herad).The small '2' is bruksnummer.Arne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Peter Wiborg

David,'Matrikkelutkastet av 1950' ('The Norwegian landregister of 1950') [url="http://www.dokpro.uio.no/cgi-bin/stad/matr50>http://www.dokpro.uio.no/cgi-bin/stad/matr50 is a collection/list of about 85000 private properties in Norway as it was in 1950.It's divided in fylke, kommune (herad), gårdsnummer og bruksnummer. (County, muncipality, land number and title number)Selecting Nord Trøndelag - Lånke - 188 Julset; you'll see that gnr 188 bnr 2 was owned by Håkon Julseth in 1950. The farm name is Julset vestre and '2 mark 53 øre' tells about how much land belonged to the farm.You can also view the Matrikkel ('land register') from 1886 here:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.