Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22375] What is 'Undersøkelseskommisjonen 1803 - Stavanger'

Gjest Pam Risvold
 Del

Gjest Pam Risvold

I'm using my Einar Haugen Norwegian-English Dictionary and trying to understand entries in the database entitled 'Undersøkelseskommisjonen 1803 - Stavanger' here on the Digitalarkivet. To my understanding at the moment it means something like a investigating committee or examining board - but I've gotten confused. At first I assumed it was an investigation - but then in looking carefully at the entry for my ancestor listed there, I noticed that his son was also listed and that son was less than a year old at the time. [My ancestor is Anders Knudsen Meeling listed as 'L.nr.' #363 - and his son is 'L.nr.' #364 in this database - that son was christened in the Stavanger Domkirken 5/15/1803] Anders Knudsen seems to have produced some kind of 'evidence'?? BUT why would his infant son also be included in this database? was this some type of committee that controlled entry into a profession which required special 'admission'? I'm an American and the closest equivalent I can imagine is some sort of apprenticeship program. I can't find the word 'Enrolleret' defined but it does make me think of enrollment or membership in American English. What was the1803 Undersøkelseskommisjonen in Stavanger?I'm very willing to study more information that may be available. Just point me in the right direction and I willl study and teach myself all I can!Pam Risvold (posted as PR on many American message boards specializing in Norway)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Wenche Hervig

If you click on 'dokumentasjon' in the last line of the light blue top, you will get a window telling you (in Norwegian) what the database is. You are quite right about calling it an examining board. It's part of a reorganisation of the military. It's listing men whom the authorities wanted to enlist as marine soldiers. 'Rulleref.', 'Indrolleret' are words frome the same root; 'rulle', and has to do with lists for the military, men to be enlisted or already enlisted (not in the voluntary sense). Wenche Hervig

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.