Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22505] Ancestors of Ole J Nubberud , who came to America from Sigdal, Norway in 1873

Gjest Ardus Sanderson
 Del

Gjest Ardus Sanderson

We are looking for information of the ancestors of Mr. & Mrs. Ole J. Nubberud. They came to America in 1873 according to a publication named Nor-Uvdal bygdebob by Torstein Loftsgard. One Page 595 it lists Helge Hagemen Ramstad, Kari Hagensd. Ramstad, Ole Jonsen Ramstadrie, h. Barbro Andersd., d. Anne. We are sure that the name of Ole Jonsen was changed to Ole J. Nubberud when they arrived in America. I am thinking that 'Andersd. is meant to be Andersdotter' and Kari 'Hagensdotter' Ole, Barbro and Anne would be Ancesters of my husband. Anne was his Grandmother. A census of 1900 here in America states that Ole was born in Jan of 1835, Barbo born in Feb of 1829 and Anne born in Feb of 1865. Anne married a Christian Hanson here in America. Any information will be appreciated. I do not know the Norweigan language. Sorry.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

The best person I know of to answer your question is Lee Rokke of Apple Valley, MN (suburb of Mpls). Her phone # 952-432-9767. She is a Sigdal expert!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

This is taken from the 'bygdebok' Sigdal and Eggedal II:Ole Jonsen and Barbro Andersdatter were married in Sigdal in 1863.Barbro's parents: Anders Torgersen in Skartumeie, he was born about 1794 and died 1849 in Eikjeeie, and Goro Gunbjørnsdatter from Hovlandseie, born 1797, she died 1839 in Hovlandseie.Goro Gunbjørnsdatter's parents were Gunbjørn Reidarsen, he was born 1742 in Hovlandseie and died 1831, and Barbro Olsdatter, she was born about 1761 and died 1809, 48 years old. She was Gunbjørn's third wife.Ole's mother was Mari Torsdatter Skartumeie,she was born 1797 and died 1880 in Glanås. I don't know the name of Ole's father, but I think that Ole was born out of wedlock.Mari Torsdatter's parents were Tor Olsen in Skartumeie, he was born about 1742 and died in Skartumeie in 1809, 67 years old, and Kari Kristensdatter, she was born 1752 in Øvre Vik.There is more to be found in the 'bygdebok'.Greetings from Sigdal and Laila Kornstad!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

I found Ole Johnsen’s christening in the Sigdal Churchbook 6: Ole was born Jan. 1, 1835, and christened Jan. 11, 1835 in Sigdal. His mother was unmarried girl Mari Torsdr. Ramstad and his father was unmarried man John Gulliksen (Rol?srud?). The witnesses were “Lothe, Gunil, Gunbiøn, Helge og Erik Ramstad”. (og = and).I think the witness Gunbjøn must be Gunbjørn Helgesen Ramstad, who was married to Mari Thorsdatter’s sister Live (born 1788 (in Krødsherad?)). Gunbjørn and Live, their son Tor and his wife Anne Gundersdatter Mollerud and Tor and Anne’s two sons, Gunbjørn, born 1847 and Gunder, born 1849, went to America in 1850.The farm was bought by Hågen Helgesen Ramstad, but he and most of his family went to America. Among the children were Helge Hågensen Ramstad and Kari Hågensdatter Ramstad. In America Kari married Lars Olsen Dahler from Øvre Eiker.Gunbjørn Helgesen and Hågen Helgesen were not brothers!Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
 Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.