Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#22817] Looking For Ancestors, John Bernt & Hannah Iverson, Bodø, emigrated 1885 USA

Gjest Charly Moore
 Del

Gjest Charly Moore

I need an English-speaker to help find records; would like to work with someone from Bodø area so I can get to know my family's living place. John Bernt Iverson; Mother Lydia Antonsdatter Brun Iverson, Father Iver Jhonson need to verify information with bygdeboks; cannot speak Norwegian. Links: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=f61843.wc2&variabel=0&postnr=356&fulle=true&spraak=e>Lenke Lenke possible connection: Lenke emmigration of John & Family, Mother, Brothers:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Alexander Lange

You could write an e-mail to the local genealogy society in Bodø. E-mail: webmaster (a) sa.disnorge.noThey might know the family or the address where they lived - or they might give you the name of someone who can help you.Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

I do not know how much you have found about your family in Norway, but Iver Johnson seems to be born at/in Volda (Volden). That is a quite different part of Norway than Bodø - farther south (Møre og Romsdal).If you start with FamilySearch (and verify it afterwords), Lydia Andrea was born 10. May 1831 and baptized 05. June 1831 in Bodø. Parents Anton Andreas Brun and Ane Bergitha Christensdatter. They married 26. Oct 1830 Bodø.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

Alexander & Arnstein: Thank you! More Questions! I will try that email address. All I have found on this family is mostly what I put in the links. I feel so stuck, not knowing Norwegian. It is difficult to search and find in Digitalarkivet, even when I know the answers to my questions are there. I wondered where Lydia got the name 'Brun', and I did not know it was Anton's name. And I have yet to start Hannah's branch... I only recently learned and my G-grandfather's information lists her maiden name as Thorson. From LDS information I know she and John were married 19 June 1884 Bodø Landsogn, Nordland; that her Norwegian name was also Hanne Erika Torstensdr... On this side of the ocean, her death date is 25 Jan 1934, John's 19 Jan 1946. They were in Minnesota for a few years (yet to verify where) and finally lived in Forks, Clallam County, Washington State, USA (having many more children; Lovise drowned between age 10 and 18) -- where their granddaughter, my grandmother, was born. I cannot find Lydia, after her immigration with her family. I do not want to be a burden, but there are so many, many questions! To me, it is like walking with a blindfold, not knowing where to turn next! By 'FamilySearch' do you mean the LDS site? or another place? I have difficulty with the LDS site - it seems the people I search for are invisible, their names do not come up when I search... so, can you direct me on how to get the information you gave me on Lydia? I have not yet asked for help with bygdeboks until I had as many names as I could collect to verify against to keep or discard. And it will be difficult without a Norwegian speaker to help me. Questions, Questions, Questions :) I would be happy to have anything you would be able to send me. Are you someone I can keep in touch with -- help me search, translate? I don't want to ask too much, but I want to go back as far as I can into Norway people of the past, then forward again to find if any relatives are still in Norway. ...and I need help! Thank you so much for what you have given -- It adds to the puzzle of my Norwegian side. Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Anton and Anne Bergithe are here in 1865 (I think): LenkeVokøen=Vokkøy (I think). A son is living together with them, Kasper B. (B=perhaps 'BRUN').Anton and Bergithe had also a son Anders Andreas born 2. Oct 1840 Bapt 2. May 1841 Bodø (FamilySearch).Together with them in 1865 is the mother of Anne Bergithe, Berthe Pedersdatter 100 years old and born in Bodø.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

Please forgive me -- I am not seeing where 'Brun' is written anywhere. Are you looking somewhere I am not? Or are you seeing something I am not seeing? Where is the 'Brun' in the documentation? Do you have a Link? Thank you so much. Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Brun is written no-where, but I THINK that this MAY BE be the right ones.Anna Birgitha Christensdatter bapt 19. Oct 1806 in Bodø (FS). Parents Christen Christensen and Bertha Persdatter (this MAY BE the right one).I am not 100% sure.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Torsten Johan Hedevig Hartvigsen born 17. Jan 1833, bapt 21. April 1833 Bodø, parents Hartvig Jacobsen and Ingeborg Torstensdatter FS-VRI

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

The 1875 census confirms that I was right. In 1875 Anton Brun is a widower, and they live at the farm Vokkøy (postal address for that farm in 1972 was also VOKKØY). I am sure you have a lot of relatives still there, but just now 80% of the Norwegian people have summer hollydays, and there is not much genealogical activity!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

Arnstein:Is all this wonderful information in the digitalarkivet, or are you looking it up somewhere else? Are there links so I can see more? I get stuck trying to search in Norwegian. I am trying to print out records so I have something to verify against and compare with.I have research to do on Hannah. Her Obit says died 25 Jan 1934, age 69. That means approximate birth year 1865 - but I have not verified with US records. the link you sent is the same one I have been waiting to verify. It has her at age 5 in 1865 census. Would it be normal to have such a large difference in age? I ordered John and Hannah's US death records, and I hope they will be here in about 2 weeks. Maybe I will learn more then.I will get the information you sent me together; I started a tree last night so I can gather the information easier.Look forward to more :) -- Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

There is a 'bygdebok' for Vokkøy:BODIN BYGDEBOK - bind II, del 1. Væran: Redaktør: Terje Gudbrandson. 1978Gårds- og slektshistorie for Briksvær (Bliksvær), Givær, Helligvær (Beiskøy, Sørvær, Prestøy, Brynnøy, Vokkøy, Vetterøy), Lyngvær, Landegode (Ramsvik, Selnes, Sandeid, Kvig, Sandvik, Klevik, Fenes) og Steinsvær.In that book there should be family- and farms-history for the farm 'Vokkøy'.Perhaps you should put in another question, with a heading: Bygdebok for Bodin II - looking up Vokkøy (or something like that).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Charly Moore

The only thing more exciting than clicking on this link would be getting on a plane to Norway!I cannot thank you enough. I will have many more questions.Charly

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.